This is why I am busy!
I wish I could say I was one of those mom's that has life figured out and I knew exactly what I was doing everyday when I wake up, but the one thing I do know is that I always feel busy. My day starts out by trying to get showered and at least half of my make-up on before my sweet 2 year old comes running in the bathroom to tell me he took a "big nap" (apparently sleeping through the night is a big nap).
Brennon was so excited to go play in the snow last week, but by the time I finished getting ready, made our beds, put laundry away and got him in his snow gear all the snow was melted. I felt so sad for him because he was so excited...
so he went and played in it anyway.
Brennon has been (somewhat) sleeping in his "big boy" for about a month or so. I have been reluctant to transition him to his "big boy" bed because...well...I knew he would never stay in it when we did. He has been climbing out of his crib since he was a year old and I had no idea that "they" encourage you to move them to a toddler bed once they start climbing out. oops...
(Please excuse the terrible pictures, Brennon plays with my phone a lot and has scratched the camera lens so bad it takes terrible pictures now.)
Brennon was so excited when we took the rail off of his crib, he thought that was the coolest thing ever! We never really had crib bedding for him because of all the scares of too many blankets and bumpers in their crib so we had to find something for him to sleep with that night. When Brennon was first born my mom made him a really cute blanket that was always a little too thick for him as a baby, so it is perfect now and will do wonderfully until we buy him an even bigger big boy bed and get real bedding for him. Adam's parents bought him one of those pillow pet thingy's a few Christmas' ago so we thought it was perfect to lay it flat on the ground to be his cushion when he falls out and we tell him that "Reggie" protects him at night. He sure loves Reggie the Lion.
We had family pictures taken several months ago and I had every intention of sending out Christmas cards, but alas, I am still not perfect and still don't have them done. I am hoping they will magically make themselves this year.
These are a few of the pictures of Brennon blowing bubbles at our photo shoot.
As many of you know we manage a girl's apartment complex and for almost a year we have been under construction to add more apartments to our property. It has been quite the roller coaster ride for all of us involved. We have had to deal with permits and grouchy neighbors and hiccups along the way with construction and it has really spun me for a loop emotionally. Not to mention the stress and responsibility I feel personally to make sure no money is not lost along the way by having contracts sold.
Here is a little peek at our new apartments. They are so pretty inside, I can't wait to have more pictures to post online!
I have a lot of catching up to do so I will try to be quick.
- For Halloween, Brennon was a Rock Star. I procrastinated planning his costume, so it was very last minute. Adam and I took him to the ward Trunk or Treat and since Adam is in a Bishopric on campus, he took Brennon to his ward Halloween party also. Of course, Brennon had a blast flirting with all the girls!
- We went to visit my parent's for Thanksgiving and it was nice to get away for a few day.
- Adam's grandpa passed away unexpectedly a week or two before Thanksgiving, which was so hard! We went to Heber for his funeral and were able to be around a lot of family, which was good!
- I have 2 Sisters-in-law that are expecting babies after the first of the year. It is crazy to think about that my sister-in-law Ashley has worn some of my pregnancy clothes twice since I wore them! :)
- I surprised Adam for his birthday this year with a trip to HAWAII!! We leave Jan 19th and arrive back in Idaho Jan 29, I am soooo excited! Brennon is going to have so much fun playing on the beach and Adam will have so much fun teaching Brennon how to surf! Don't worry, I will post pictures of the beautiful beach while Rexburg and Utah are receiving snow storms. :)
Merry Christmas!







1 comments:
What a good way to be busy!
Post a Comment