September 23, 2011

Surprisingly quiet...


9/21/11 - I feel like these rare moments don't happen as often as I sometimes would like them to be. My house is quiet...oh wait...

...I honestly just heard little footsteps coming down my stairs. Nevermind...the long awaited blogpost won't be what I expected. ::: sigh ::: I will now do my best with a hyper toddler literally climbing on my back.

Adam and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary this past August...2 days after I dreadfully turned 29! I am happy to say that we got 4 whole hours to ourselves on our Anniversary and even though I totally should have been enjoying a movie, I was texting with my sister-in-law asking how Brennon was doing and if we went to bed OK. Adam on the other hand was enjoying every minute of watching a movie in an actual movie theater without Brennon jumping all over him. We don't get out much ya know, so for him to be in an actual movie theater, he was wanting it to be just us. We are so grateful for family close by that we can rely on for a date night once in a while.


9/23/11 -Adam also took me to a fun restaurant that we had never heard of before called "Snake Bite". I know, it may sound a little hickish, but it was actually pretty good. Everything was fresh, nothing tasted like it came from a chain restaurant and we were all alone sitting on this little patio area enjoying Huckleberry Italian Soda's, killer fish taco's and my bowl of "Santa Maria". I also loved this place because the portions were perfect. They didn't treat you like you were a starving orphan in Ethiopia by piling mounds of food on your plate and they didn't try to pretend to be a high class French restaurant that thought a serving was smaller than your fist. We were pleasantly surprised of our find, especially in Idaho (no offense).


A week later my quiet living conditions, were taken over by 100+ estrogen driven homo sapiens. My semi-relaxing days of sitting out on the grass to watch the construction, going to the park, and bike rides are no longer.  However, it is fun to see Brennon's flirtatious interaction with all the girls that love his "charm". They melt at his spontaneous one liners of "Hey Baby", "Peace Out", "I'm the Man" and of course his dance moves get them every time.




Brennon has always loved "looking" at books, but just like his mom and dad,  he doesn't have the attention span to sit for very long to actually finish one. Adam and I love to buy, collect and even start tons of books, but finishing them is a huge accomplishment for both of us! We both have very short attention spans!! Lately, it has been so fun to actually sit and read several books at a time with Brennon. His latest favorites:






When I discovered his attention span was much like his parent's I introduced him to puzzles and we have been amazed! He is so good at puzzles! I have loved doing puzzles since I was little and after Adam and I got married, money was a little tight and our evenings after work and school were usually spent doing a puzzle on the kitchen table. We also would get sucked into working on the puzzle early in the morning when we really should be getting ready for the day. I often get so engrossed in a puzzle that I literally "work" on the puzzle in my sleep. My mind never stops! Hence the reason I am often sleep deprived...

We have discovered a few puzzles that keep Brennon occupied for quite a while, as long as someone is sitting right next to him. I highly recommend all of these! The shapes and numbers ones have been the favorites, because we can mix it up and play different versions of the game. I have a little crocheted bag that someone gave me on my mission that I use to hide the shapes or numbers in and he gets to draw one out and figure out where to put it. He can do his shapes puzzle just as fast as Adam can do a Rubik's cube (under 1.5  minutes).




 I am such a proud mom!!




4 comments:

Kayleen said...

haha. love the pic of "you" at the end! Cute. Miss you guys. sounds like brennon is getting big fast!!

Chelle said...

Just dropping in to say Hi!
Hope all is well. Your family is darling!

Devin and Becky said...

Ha ha puzzles... Gosh Alisha you'd have fun with my family. They sit around on holidays and do puzzles. I try but i just sit and talk. I will have to look into puzzles for Xander cause he can't through a book.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sorry you were over-taken by loudness.
I think the summer was way too short.

Brennon is stinkin' cute! You really should get several more just like him.