About a week ago my friend Amy sent Brennon and I a package for our birthday. Inside the package was a blue ball that Brennon carries everywhere he goes. He loves to run into the Kitchen and throw it on the tile just to watch it bounce all throughout the kitchen hitting the fridge, and all the cupboards. He loves this ball, thank you Amy!
I captured just a few little fun moments of Brennon playing with his ball and then of course his attention span moved on to better things. The TV power button MY BOOKS! Brennon has figured out how to turn the TV on and off, which personally, drives both Adam and I crazy. If we don't want the TV on, that is usually when Brennon wants to play with the power button. If Adam and I are watching something (like Conference for example) he will continuously turn the TV off right when there is something that you obviously wanted to hear. He also loves to pull all the books off of our bookshelf. I know I know, I should just move them, but then what would be the point of having a bookshelf?
I love that my little guy blows kisses wherever he goes. It doesn't matter who you are, if you are talking with us, whether in person or on the phone and Brennon can tell we are getting ready to say goodbye or leave, he will start blowing kisses to the person leaving. When we are on the phone, just as we are saying, "OK, we will talk to you later, buh-bye" he runs up to the phone to blow kisses. What a sweetie!
Apparently there was something that Brennon thought was hilarious. He is developing quite the personality. He finds so much joy in forcing himself to laugh hysterically. Of course, he wants to do it when it is time to go to sleep or you know, right in the middle of Sacrament Meeting so I have to try and calm him down and keep from laughing myself.
I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home, Glad as I can be; Clap my hands and shout for joy, and climb upon his knee, put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this, squeeze his cheeks then give him what? A great big kiss!
This song is the only thing I can think of to describe Brennon's reaction when Adam comes home. He gets so excited, especially when Adam plays hide and go seek with him. When I was younger my dad used to hide in the dark, back bedrooms of the hallway and when you came looking for him he would roar at you. Which would make us scared and run for our lives in the opposite direction.
Adam will come home, and begin playing with Brennon by hiding behind doors, walls, and cupboards just to see Brennon sneak around the corner looking for him and then run for his life. He always runs to the couch, maybe he thinks it is the free zone, daddy can't get him when he is hugging the couch...I don't know.
This is Brennon's face when he hears Adam unlocking the front door and I ask him, "who is it?"
He immediately starts pointing toward the door telling me it is "daddy"
Brennon peaking around the couch and wall to see if he can see Adam coming for him
Can't quite tell if this face is shear horror that daddy is going to scare him or pure joy that Adam is home to play with him
Last weekend Adam and I decided that because we weren't able to go anywhere for Conference Weekend we would take a trip up to Mesa Falls and go for a bike ride and walk around. We had never been to Mesa Falls before so we were pretty excited to finally go. We packed our bikes into the back of our Envoy and headed up there.
(As a side note, we grabbed a deli sandwich from Albertson's thinking this was the quickest way for us to have dinner and lunch for the next day, bad idea...will explain later)
After sitting down at a picnic table and eating lunch, Adam had to get both bikes put together and ready for our bike ride. It gave Brennon plenty of time, maybe a little too much time, to play with the rocks all around him. I have been nervous about Brennon playing with rocks for quite sometime because several months ago I let him play on our back patio and while I had by back turned to answer the door, he decided he would see if rocks were edible. No bueno! I looked over at him only to find him gagging and struggling for air. In a split second and without taking any time to think, I grabbed him, tried to swoop my finger in his mouth trying to remove the rock but it was already on its way down. I flipped him over with his face against my knee, I smacked his back 2-3 times. I brought him back up and was able to do another sweep of his mouth and grabbed the rock from the side of his cheek. He of course began crying pretty bad and I just hugged him while trying to keep calm. I honestly have no idea how I thought to do any of it because I have never really had much CPR training and I always worried about what I would do if my kids ever choked on something. I felt bad because the person that had come to my door was standing there watching the whole thing and afterward his eyes were the size of silver dollars as he stood there shocked at what he had just witnessed. Anyway, that was a huge tangent from bike rides at Mesa Falls...
Here is Brennon playing
Just before we took off for our bike ride down a nature trail.
We stopped at this gorgeous lookout spot that overlooked the river.
One of Brennon's popular kissie faces.
After our bike ride, we decided to get the stroller and walk down to the waterfall. It was so amazing! It terrified me to look over the edge of the railing right by the waterfall, but everything else was incredible!
Givin kisses to daddy...so cute!
I love watching these two play together!
As we were walking back to our car because it was getting late, we walked along this gorgeous trail. We tried to prop the camera up in the stroller to capture a family picture.
I almost forgot about my side note about the sandwich from Albertsons...so, we ate half of our sandwich on Friday and decided to save the other half for after the first session of Conference. We put it back in our cooler with all the ice and drinks and didn't think twice about it. Once we got home that night, we put everything away, including the sandwich in the fridge and went to bed. After the first session of Conference on Saturday, we busted out our sandwiches and enjoyed ourselves. Later that night when Adam was leaving for Priesthood session I started to feel a little queezy, but thought maybe I needed to drink some water, or maybe I was hungry again...I don't know. Of course I thought a couple spoonfuls of some heavenly Hazelnut Gelato would curb my hunger pains, or so I thought. I began feeling worse. A few times, I thought I might actually toss my cookies, and then the fear of pregnancy crept into my mind. Oh heavens, please don't let it be that!!!! Not yet!! I decided it was time to get Brennon ready for bed a little early because I didn't want to chase him around if I was going to lose it. Well, bedtime did not come fast enough and I was trying to keep Brennon from tearing my house apart while praying to the porcelain throne. I sent Adam a text message asking him if he could come home from Priesthood session early because I wasn't doin so hot and didn't realize he only had 10 minutes left anyway, so I could wait. Little did I know, he was quickly approaching the same scenario I was while sitting there listening to the session. He came home and I was doing everything in my power to hold in the remainder of my Hazelnut Gelato while trying to get Brennon in bed. Long story short, the remainder of our evening and next two sessions of Conference weren't exactly how we had planned our nice relaxing weekend. :( Word to the wise, don't keep an Albertsons sandwich in your cooler, directly in the sunlight, in a warm car and expect to be able to eat it the next day...even if there is what you think, "plenty of ice to keep it cold". The End.
October 7, 2010
Brennon and Mesa Falls
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Haha I loved the "side note" And brennon's picture with im in his helmet and glasses was adorable!
YAY! I'm so glad he likes his ball! Glad you had fun bike riding, but sorry you got sick! No fun! I love all the pictures, especially the one of Brennon when he sees Adam come in the door! Priceless! :) I also love the family photo with the beautiful fall colors!
Post a Comment