I'm here.
Not always completely sane.
Or with anything overly important to say.
But, I am here.
My sweetie is basking in the nice warm weather.
In Texas.
Without ME and Brennon of course.
Not that I am jealous or anything.
Brennon and I are flyin solo for about a week. Adam's parents have FINALLY sold their home in Texas and are moving to Twin Falls, Idaho this week. YAY! We will finally be close enough to make weekend visits. So he flew down this morning to help them the remainder of the week. I should be enjoying a nice bubble bath and a book while my little guy is sleeping, buuuuut, as you can see I spend the ENTIRE evening doing this schtuff and of course watching Hulu clips of my new favorite show "Master Chef". I can't even remember how I stumbled upon this...oh yeah, I was looking for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song to distract Brennon from destroying my house and Hulu was the first link. I clicked on it, "Master Chef" was on their homepage and I became curious. I have been sucked in ever since.
Every time I have a minute to blog stalk people, I have to stare my own failures right in the face because I have not blogged for almost 2 months. You may say, "that isn't that bad", but, I might have an excuse or two...or three.
You see, I just haven't wanted to. Simply because I hate flashing old pictures where the moment has completely passed by...unless it is for a good cause.
Like this picture for example.
I flash this picture because I laugh at the fact that my husband had the confidence to wear a woman's cheerleading top and looks hot all at the same time. Don't worry, we had a talk about this, and he has promised to never wear this in public again.
Quite a bit has gone on these last 2 months. I wish I could share good news that Adam and I enjoyed 7 weeks of vacations and family togetherness, but that just isn't the case. Each year at the end of July all but a small handful of our tenants leave for 7 weeks. We have an entire parking lot to ourselves, empty apartments and quiet nights. This should be the time where we bask in all this "freedom", however; not this summer. I will spare you the details of everything that went on and share the good things.
My parents came to visit just before Brennon turned 1 year old. We had plans to go up to West Yellowstone, but at the last minute plans changed and we decided to go to Bear World instead.
My parents brought their motor home, so we sat in the back and watched from the window as we passed all kinds of animals. Brennon loved watching all the different animals.
After we saw all the various animals, they had some fun kid rides that Adam and I were excited to take Brennon on.
This melts my heart!
I took Brennon on this ride first and it was pretty bumpy, I was scared he was going to fly out. The second time Adam went with him and decided to sit in the same seat with him and Brennon held on for dear life! He was scared the 2nd time around.
Adam and I were pretty excited to get our bike's out this year, but we were really bummed that we didn't have anything for Brennon yet. Adam wanted to take Brennon out on the bike so bad that he put him in the little baby backpack thingy, and rode around the parking lot. Brennon loved it so much, we had to get him a seat of his own.
Brennon LOVES his bike seat. When we ask him if he wants to go for a bike ride, he bolts for the door. He loves to wear shoes, so he always grabs his shoes and waits by the door to go for a ride. At first he hated wearing his helmet, but now he is used to it.
Oh, Brennon also loves Skateboarding.
Of course Brennon turned 1 year old. He is now almost 14 months old and hyper as ever! I wish my parents would remove that awful curse they plagued Adam and I with that we will one day have a child exactly like we are. We both were not what you would call perfect angels. We put our parents and neighbors through more torture than can be mentioned here. I think my Elementary and Junior High teachers had my mom's work number on speed dial. My poor mum! I do have to admit though, I would have much rather had the teachers call my mom instead of my dad. The phone calls to my dad had to be for catastrophic reasons because they would usually result in...dun dun dun..."the pink plastic hanger". This was feared among myself and my brothers more than Friday the 13th, more than riding your bike home in the dark all by yourself while constantly looking over your shoulder because you swear you heard something, and more than getting caught launching water balloons on the roof and accidentally hitting your Bishop's front door and the UPS truck (that was merely hypothetical...cough). Anyway...I digress.
I do have a few pictures of Brennon's shindig's for his birthday.
This was Brennon's birthday cupcake. I made his frosting out of chocolate rice milk and powdered sugar because he still can't have any dairy or soy.
I was so proud of my son for being so neat and clean when he first got his cupcake, and then someone...we won't mention names (schnookums) smashed his hands in the cupcake and "helped" him put cake in his mouth. Oh well, he enjoyed it.
Then about a week and a half after his birthday, after our tenants had all checked out we went down to Utah and had a bunch of family meet up at the Clearfield Aquatic Center for swimming, pizza, cake and ice cream...more like melted cream.
I thought I got a lot more pictures than I actually did so I am pretty bummed I didn't get pictures of everyone.
You may think this face looks like shear horror, but in the end he giggles...I promise.
Adam's brother Matt got married mid August in the Twin Falls, Idaho Temple. They are just too cute. I had to steal these pictures off Facebook because I was too busy keeping Brennon from running all over the place that I didn't get any pictures of them with my camera.

Can you tell they are both Cheerleaders?


We also threw Michelle a "Romance" Bridal Shower the day before the wedding. My Mother-in-law and Hannah were a big part in the success, a long with many others that helped along the way.
One last thing, Brennon now loves to blow kisses. When Adam or I leave somewhere we always kiss goodbye and then right before Adam walks out the door, he blows a kiss to me and Brennon. All of a sudden Brennon has taken on the same habit and now whenever he says "bye-bye" to anyone, he blows kisses instead of waving now.
September 14, 2010
I should be relaxing
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 6:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You are totally making me giggle and chortle! Love the pics. Didn't know Presidente could look so cute in a cheerleading outfit. :) The pic of Brennon with the little suit on @ the wedding makes my heart melt. SOOO cute!!!
Good to see your still alive ;) Things look fun and way to go on the cupcake, that would be hard to put that together without dairy and soy! Hope things are going good for you guys!
I think I might nab that pix of Adam in the cheerleading outfit (yes, if he is wearing it...it is an OUTFIT) and I just might FB or blog it! I think it should be shared with the world.
I think Brennan is darling!
You are both about the cutest people ever.
Love yer guts.
You know it is bad when the link to your blog is the color of my "unvisited links" because it has been too long. brennon is seriously so adorable!! Love you!
Man, that kid in a suit is a stud!! Well okay he's dang cute even not in a suit but still. Good to see you updated :)
Post a Comment