I am sorry to say folks, I am not a fortune teller! I wish I knew when I was going to have "this baby" but your guess is as good as mine. It is a little weird to me that I only have 1 week until our little man is supposed to be here. I have to actually be responsible now?
Many of you have asked how things are going, so I thought I would throw a little info out there for you. As of yesterday I am not dilating and Dr. Allred oh so politely pointed out that I no longer have ankles. (Thanks Dr. Allred) I do however want you to know that I have cute toes!! My friend Hilary convinced me that getting a pedicure was something I needed to get done before Brennon was born and it didn't take much convincing to get me there. I did however feel a little awkward about paying someone to paint my toe nails and massage my feet, but I got over that quickly. It gave Adam a little bit of a break...ha ha. He has been so great at massaging my feet since they started swelling about 3 weeks ago. He deserves major props because he hates feet, but he asks me a few nights a week if I want him to massage my feet. HELLO!?! Are you kidding me? I would never turn that down. He has even taken on the responsibility of keeping my toes painted throughout the pregnancy when I could no longer lean over to paint them. (Ok, so as my friend JoAnn says, "I digress")
I have decided that I am not going to think about the fact that Brennon hasn't come yet because in reality my due date is not until a week from today. Plus, I was starting to get really impatient and frustrated and I hate being that way. I told myself that I am not going to think about it, I am just going to be as prepared as I can and go on with my days. When I was walking to my "Money Management" class this morning I felt sooooo good! I was thoroughly enjoying my yummy apple as I walked down the hill and all of a sudden it hit me. "I feel so good, I don't even feel pregnant." I had to look down at my belly as a reminder that I really am, but it didn't feel like it. I don't know if it was the gorgeous sun outside, the fact that I was walking, or the apple I was eating but it has felt really good today. My house is clean, most of the laundry is done and well...I'm going to have a baby in a week.
Reality has hit Adam pretty hard these last 2 weeks. Guys always try to act so macho, but deep inside when it comes to being a daddy, they are such softies. I am so excited to see him hold his son!
So back to my origional comment...I don't know folks, but I do know that he has to come before the end of July. I just don't think the Doctor's will let him go farther than that. I understand that it is good to let them cook longer, but can they cook too much? Oh that reminds me, my friend told me that her daughter asked her why her skin was darker than other kids, and her mom told her that Heavenly Father let her cook in the oven longer than them. Ha ha...anyway, I thought it was funny. I will go now before I make too many random comments.
Tha End!
July 10, 2009
When are you going to have that baby???
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Good Luck Leesh!! Sounds like you're nesting. Typical for 1 week before you're due. Good for you getting that pedi done. Can't wait to see that little guy. I can't believe he's almost here.
Hang in there Leesh! My Mom always says that if you've got projects to keep you busy that it helps the time to go by faster! Hopefully that's true! :) It's just hard having everyone remind you about how close it is by asking when he's going to get here, huh? He'll be here sooner than you think! Love ya!
We are excited for you guys to have your baby. We wish you the best of luck during the next week. Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy.
good luck leesh and adam...it is an AMAZING experience to give birth, one of the best days of your life...enjoy it:)
can't wait to see pics of your sweet little boy:)
xoxo
Anxious Anxious Anxious. Good luck NOT being anxious. I'M anxious for you! It's just the way it goes. It's such an exciting thing to have a baby, ESPECIALLY the first time! It's the only one you get to really enjoy and pay attention to... from here on out, you'll be chasing the little bugger around and the other pregnancies just wont be the same! BE ANXIOUS! ENJOY the excitement and the butterflies every time you think you may have felt a contraction! You and Adam will be GREAT parents! It's just the beginning of the "exciting" part of ETERNITY!!
He'll be here before you know it! Be patient :)
Good luck Leesha! I'm so excited for you... enjoy the time you have now because once Brennon is here NOTHING will ever be the same :)
Good Luck! He'll come when he's ready. Chloe was 5 days late, and Dr. Barton said that was just fine. You have a good set of doctors on your side that won't let you go too far! I would know they were my doctors too.
I am so happy for you! You are such a wonderful example of enjoying the moment. You are going to be a great mom. Also, FYI-Chris and I were sealed in the temple Thursday (Josh and Heather were there), so let Adam know. Enjoy the little moments!
You can do it!! And I really do give Adam props because he asks! I have to ask Russ, although he usually willingly obliges :)
Hey-Chris says Adam needs to call him ASAP. He really needs to talk to his boyfriend :)
Post a Comment