July 2, 2009
A little bit of everything...
I have to admit that the month of June has flown by. I feel like Adam and I have been wrapped up in a ton of projects I feel like I can't really get caught up. I created this collage in hopes to give you a peek into what we have been doing. As you can see in the pictures, I am still working on finishing Brennon's toy box. I have slowly started to lose motivation to finish it, simply because I keep starting other projects, I am getting more and more tired and well...I still have my office to run while I am here and it is hard trying to paint when I have tenants that I have to take care of. I have however finished some things in his room, and I will need to take a picture of those as well...
I saw this really cute Father's Day idea on a different blog so I thought it would be fun to do it. On the website there was a template to make this cute "Top Pops" ribbon and stick it to a bottle of "Dad's Rootbeer". I ran out and found 3 different flavor's of Dad's rootbeer and then got some of Adam's favorite types of candy, of course lots of dark chocolate, which he loves. Then I made him a father's day card and left it down stairs where he would see it when he came down Sunday Morning. It was fun, he wasn't expecting that!
Something very fun and exciting happened this month as well. In the picture you can see me with Lisa and Scott. They flew from Arizona to Salt Lake and then drove to Idaho to come and see us on the 23rd because Scott was entering the MTC the next day. The coolest part about this whole experience is that when I was a missionary about 4 years ago, my companion Annie and I had the opportunity to teach Lisa and Scott when we were in Mesa. Lisa was baptized in September of 2004 and Scott was baptized in October of 2004. It was the coolest experience ever! They are awesome! Lisa and her family literally fell into our lap! It is actually a cool story, I will give you the short version...Lisa had been thinking for quite some time that she wanted to find a different church to attend. She grew up Catholic and was very devout in her religion. She loves the Lord, and has always been a very faithful church attender. One day, she prayed that she would know what church to attend and she had this feeling to go to the "mormon church". She thought to herself, "there is no way I am ever going to go to the mormon church." She kept having that thought, and then one Sunday morning she prayed again to know which church she should go to that day. She again got the feeling to go to the Mormon Church. She thought the idea was ridiculous, but decided that since she had received the feeling she would give it a try anyway. She called her friend (who is LDS) and asked her where she would find the closest "mormon church". He friend drove up to take her to the closest one, which just happened to be the one that we were in. We were sitting in the overflow area on the front row just listening to the Sacrament Service begin when Lisa, her then husband and friend walked in. They didn't notice that we were missionaries, but we noticed them. We didn't really think much, we just thought they were visiting. Luckily there happened to be 3 empty seats right next to my companion and I. Their friend was leading the way, and as she walked right past us to sit down, she looked at our name tags and gasped as she whispered, "aahh, missionaries!!" They sat down next to us and after the meeting my companion and I introduced ourselves and found out they were not members and they wanted to learn more. Anyway, long story, even longer, we attended sunday school with them and Lisa gave me her number because she wanted to have us over. We met with them and shortly thereafter Lisa shared her feelings about the church and everything we had been teaching her and she asked us when she could be baptized. Her then husband Craig also wanted to be baptized and her son Scott was baptized a month later. I was transferred out of the area right before Scott was baptized, but another cool part about this whole story, is that a year later after I had returned home, I also had the opportunity to fly back to Arizona with my companion Annie and we got to be in the Temple the day Lisa went through for herself. IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! Now...4 years later, Scott is leaving to serve his mission in Chile! I tell ya, nothing can replace the sweet feeling of seeing someone learn of the Gospel, accept it and live their life wanting to serve the Lord.
Let's see, some of the other pictures in here are of my brother-in-law Matthew, he comes to visit us once in a while when he is not working or when he can take a break from his little girlie friend Michelle.
There is also a picture in there where our friend Perry wanted to compare and see who's belly was bigger. I think mine won by a long shot!
And then, we have a retaining wall on our back patio that had some huge boulders behind it. Well, everytime it rained and then when the snow was melting, the dirt was washing away through the wall and these boulders were falling further and further down the side of the wall which was making the retaining wall fall over. So, one weekend when Matt came out, he and Adam took down the wall, put up new weed block "stuff" to keep the dirt from running through the bricks, and rebuilt the whole wall. It took them all stinkin day because it kept raining on them. Everytime it would rain, they would have to stop and wait for it to clear up and then go back out to finish it. They finally finished around 10:00 p.m. It looks fabulous! Thank you!!
Lastly, Adam has a sweet co-worker (Amy) that wanted to throw me a baby shower in Idaho. I don't have any family out here right now, and so I wasn't really expecting a baby shower. She asked Adam one day if I was going to have one, and he told her no, and explained why, and she said that she wanted to throw me one. It was soooo nice of her. She wouldn't let us help her, she did everything herself. It was kind of hard to get a lot of people to show up because she wasn't able to send out the invitations until a few days before the shower because the place that she was reserving never called her back in time, so a lot of people couldn't change their plans at the last minute. It is ok though, it was fun and it was great to see those who came! Thank you to everyone who came and spoiled us some more! :)
The end.
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How exciting...counting down the days! You look so cute, love your hair and your clothes. How sweet of Adams's co-worker to do that for you! And, I love the Top-Pops Idea-your so crafty!
You make a very beautiful pregnant lady! I'm excited for you!
so i feel very bad that you didn't know what i was talking about so as SOON as you are done reading this you need to go to the movie store and rent gone with the wind. it is just one of those movies you have to know by heart. hopefully you are just having a case of prego memory loss and it is all coming back to you now! Georgia...green velvet dress...dont worry i forgive you for not knowing...hehe
i just skimmed through your post but i love that top pop idea...how do you think of these things...
i hope every thing is going well with you guys. I know you are expecting any day now so good luck!!!
Post a Comment