July 14, 2009

4th of July and then some...


I am a little late posting about the 4th of July. I completey forgot that we took a few pictures that day and after going through my camera I realized there was more on there than I remembered was there. Well, we didn't exactly do your typical 4th of July celebration. We normally go to Idaho Falls to watch the Fireworks because they are really good but everyone around here knows that if you make the decision to go to Idaho Falls for the Fireworks, you are asking to be stuck in traffic for a very long time. Last year we were stuck in traffic for several hours. I really didn't feel like driving down there, sitting in the heat and then getting stuck in traffic late at night. Call me crazy, but it didn't seem like it would have been a blast when I am already this uncomfortable.

The morning of the 4th, Adam and I woke up early to go help prepare and serve the ward breakfast at 7:00 a.m. We then headed home and walked down to the parade on Main Street. I love parade's, I can't wait to have little munchkins that will enjoy it even more. After a long, hot walk back home, up hill (hoping to put me into labor) we ended up crashing on the couch for a few hours. I kept thinking how much Adam would like to go see the fireworks in Idaho Falls so I suggested that we go anyway, we always enjoy the fireworks, and I could suck it up so he could see them. After trying to get him to go, he didn't want to drive anywhere so we decided to bust out the grill and make our own hamburgers and have a yummy picnic. Later that night Adam really wanted to go buy some fireworks, so around 10:30 p.m. we went on a firework hunt. I don't have much to brag about when it comes to the fireworks sold in Idaho. Adam was really disappointed because in San Antonio you can buy exciting fireworks and well I think one of our fountains got at least waist level. It was a sad sight!

We have finished a little bit more in Brennon's room. We finally hung the little letter bamboo name thingy and I finished another painting project. My brother-in-law and Sister-in-law gave us this little cabinet type thingy and we didn't know what to do with it, so I decided to paint something fun on the front for Brennon's room and store his shoes and "stuff" in there. I still need to spray a sealer on it, but at least I finished painting it. I still have not finished his toy box because I lost the motivation. I only have one or two things left to do on it, but I am too tired right now. With my "nesting" syndrome and all the cleaning I just can't seem to find the time to finish it.

Lastly, here is a picture of me at 39 1/2 weeks. I wanted to get a picture when I was actually not looking frumpy, but once we got home from church I needed to put on something more comfortable, so I apologize for the frumpiness.

There ya have it folks, a little bit of July!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Wow girl, you are talented!! That cabinet type thingy looks professional! I can't believe you painted that! His letters are so cute too! You look great! It's all in your belly..I bet you'll lose the weight really fast! Make sure you and Adam go out to the movies and do stuff at night every night this week because soon you won't be able to very much! :)

Karla said...

Hay girl! You are probobly having "that baby" now but I just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you. Can't await to see him in your arms. Hope all is well.