June 1, 2009

Surfboard Skimboarding and then some...

Does anyone else feel that the month of May flew by?? Maybe it is just because the reality that I only have about 5+ weeks left is settling in and I am freakin out a little. I am actually going to be a mom...weird! Well, I am happy to report Brennon is doing great! I had a Doctor's appt. this last week and Dr. Barton said everything is perfect. He said I am measuring perfect, my weight is perfect, Brennon's heartbeat is perfect and his head is down, preparing for his arrival. OK, that just weirded me out even more just writing that. This picture was taken a few weeks ago, but you get the jist of it. :)



Adam and I have been working on a lot of projects for Brennon's room. I have been debating about putting up pictures of some of the unfinished projects and well, I think I will wait until they are completely finished. Which means I should probably finish them because time is running out before I lose the energy to finish them.

About 2 weekends ago Adam and his brother Matt had a blast with their new toy. Adam is always sad that he can't go surfing and every chance he gets to think, talk or dream about surfing he is 100% committed. Well, we were walking through the store several weeks ago and Adam saw this down the toy isle.



I couldn't pull him away from the Toy Isle for at least 20 minutes. All he kept asking was..."Baaaabe??? Can I get it?!?!" I told him he had to save up his allowance..ha ha ha. Well, he couldn't stop talking about it, and then told his brother Matt about it and yep you guessed it, Matt came to visit that weekend and brought their new toy with him. They set it up on our patio because the grassy area had too much of a slope and they had their fun. (Adam won't let me put up very many of the pictures because he said he "has gotten fat" ha ha, so I am limited on what I can post. )

This is Adam and Matt filling up the sides and middle with water.




Here is Adam giving the slide some of the practice moves.



This is poor Mateo just as he biffed it on his head! So sad, right in front of his girlie friend too. ;)





Sweet move sweetie!



And...here is Adam as he biffs it and the board slips out from underneath him :)



Adam getting ready for another run, and Matt enjoying a yummy piece of Watermelon!





A little biff action...



A little redemption...




(Sorry Mateo, I thought I had more video of you...unless you want me to put up the ones of you biffing it too...tee hee hee)

It was a good day, despite the fact that they had to cut their surfing fun short to finish some maintenance on an apartment, but the weather was perfect and it was fun to be outside. I know they look forward to doing it again.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun! Wish we could be closer to hang out with you guys! It was great talking to you on Saturday Leesh! Oh and by the way you look super cute! Hang in there you're almost done! Can't wait to see the pictures of your finished projects!

Hilary said...

Wow- I am impressed that they could pull all that off on a slip and slide!

Alicia said...

Only 5 more weeks?!?! Yee-hah! I am anxious for you! Mommyhood is THE BEST! You'll wonder how you ever had a life before it!
What a fun toy! Adam didn't look like he had gotten fat! I think the slide needs to be longer, though. And wouldn't it hurt biffing it on the cement?!

Anonymous said...

I think Adam is going to have to come back down to Houston so we can make a trip to Surfside and go surfing. Brad cannot stop talking about it and he just said, "What store did he get that at?" I said, "I don't know, why?" "I think you should ask." :) He's addicted, Leesh. I bet that hurt with the cement though!

You look beautiful, by the way! I'm excited to see cute little Brennon!

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Girl. Your stomach is freaking CUTE. I Heart it. I miss mine. WHat is your exact due date?

Tiff and Chris said...

You look so good! Too funny with the 'new toy'-looks like a blast. How exciting to be counting down the days...y'all will be such awesome parents. YEAH!!!