April 11, 2009

I have heard many people talk about the dreams that they have while they are pregnant and to be quite honest I was a little worried to know what kind of bizarre dreams I was going to have. I was told that pregnant women always have dreams about either their ex-boyfriends or they have dreams about things going wrong with their baby or about them gaining a ton of weight. I guess I am happy to say I haven't had any of those, but I will tell you that almost every night since about a month or two after we found out I was pregnant my dreams are like the next sequel to a "Bourne" movie or some type of gun fighting and race car driving movie. I have been quite proud of my gun handling and mad driving skills throughout my dreams, but lately I have been having a lot of dreams about Brennon. What he will be like and being able to hold him. He moves so much now, and I don't know if I am just being too analytical, but it almost seems like I can already pick up on the schedule that he is on. I know when he is going to be the most active, I know when he is not going to move very much and I know which foods make him the most active.
These last few nights I have had dreams that Brennon has dark brown hair and chubby cheeks, and then last night I had a dream that he had long almost white blonde hair with a chubby nose. In my dream, we had just brought him home from the hospital and my brother let his son Xavier hold him in my parents backyard. Because X was holding Brennon and his favorite bouncy ball, when the ball fell out of his hands, he was more worried about picking the ball back up then he was holding Brennon. Once he got close to the ball, he went to pick up the ball with both hands and dropped Brennon on his head. I was freaking out in my dream, I woke up with my heart pounding. I have noticed that within the last week, I have been waking up with a pounding in my chest, and immediately afterwards I notice Brennon starts kicking me like crazy. Do you think he can hear my heart beating that hard and it freaks him out? Do my dreams really mean anything or is that just weird mumbo jumbo that people like to believe?What do you think about dreams during pregnancy?

p.s. These were taken a few days ago a little after 26 weeks

10 comments:

Devin and Becky said...

I had crazy dreams all the time when I was prego with Jaxton. It was every night I dreamed of the baby. This go round I haven't dream really at all. Don't know why. but what fun pregnancy does to ya huh!

VA Bradshaws said...

As the man, I have no idea what all that is about, just that mothers grow close to their children even before they are born. I can't tell you how excited I am for you guys. Just know you are being thought of, we wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

I think you're dreams are awesome, first of all. But I also think that babies can hear more than we give them credit. They absolutely know their mother when they are born and if the father is around frequently they know his voice as well. What makes us think that they can't hear our heart beats and feel our moods as well?

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

My sister had a Young Women's leader who always knew when she was pregnant before she could tell because she would have dreams that she killed her entire family or close friends or neighbors and rubbed their blood all over her body. Completely strange and so unlike her that it was her only explanation and she was always right. I think dreams in pregnancy show our true worst fears. I always have dreams that Josh is leaving me for someone beautiful and skinny and leaves me with the children. Or dreams where I catch him cheating on me in our room!! I don't know why it is. My dreams always get more about the baby and hurting it or (when I was pregnant with Kate) different ways that Scottie would react. I do believe that he can not only hear your heartbeat but he can feel it too. Although he has his own blood source, he's still connected both literally and emotionally to you. It's why, I believe, babies are so needy of their mothers at first; how they can smell them from 20 yards away, and why they know us immediatelly. You will never understand until that little boy arrives.
Oh, and congrats on the awesome gun and driving skills! I wish I had cool dreams like that!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

That is totally normal and kudos onyour driving haha!* I had a dream dream Tensy would have teeth when she was born and it scared the crap out of me, so it wasn't true but I think with all the horomones it makes for a crazy night* I truly believe if you are hyper or calm your baby feels that (he should, your growing him) and will feed off of that. That is fun to feel him kick while your heart races though, your nsync! Your baby will be darling and I think he will have your color hair and I hope chubby because they are cute chubby!

Tiff and Chris said...

Kudos on the mad driving skills. Kinda freaky about your baby having long blonde hair...j/k I bet the baby can hear your heart pounding. Maybe he is kicking you to make sure you're still there :)

Kellie and Brad Campbell said...

awwww... so cute!!!! you are definitely going to have one good looking kid :) I am definitely going to have to babysit sometime in the fall... hope you guys are doing well and sorry I never came by to visit... this last semester was so crazy!!! But you look so cute pregnant :)

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

I really never had any drastic dreams when I was prego. But I think youre right about picking up on his schedule already. Addison would alway get really active at night and early morning. And she still does that same thing. She always had the hicups inside of me. And she always has them now. Crazy!

Hilary said...

Hey, so here I am commenting on your blog so you can try to find mine again :) Have a good day!

mom2ky said...

YOU ARE A HOTTIE MAMA!!