April 24, 2009

ATTENTION ALL YOU CRAFTY LADIES

I am in need of some ideas for Brennon's room. Adam and I both know we want to make it have a little surfer feel to it, but we don't want it to be too "babyish" if you know what I mean. I want to do something fun with some surfer silhouettes but I just don't know what to do. I can't stick any vinyl on our walls and I was thinking about sticking vinyl silhouettes on maybe small surfboards or something like that, but I need some ideas. Keep in mind the colors of his room so far are the colors on these wood letters. We found some cute little square ottomans in this green and yellow to put in there. We are wanting to incorporate bamboo and now surfboards and these surfing silhouettes...so what do you think? Please throw out your ideas.

10 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Gosh, girl! That is going to be an AWESOME room! I love the surfer silhouettes! I like the B&W picture - you should frame it. I'll keep an eye out for ideas, and forward them to you! Fun stuff!

Hilary said...

I don't really have any ideas, but what I do when I need new craft ideas is go to craft/decorating stores and find things I like and take pictures of them on my phone, then I come home and make them :) I do like the surfboard idea, you could also stick them on the metal magnet boards from Porter's and have the option to do magnets and pictures on them too...

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have a really cute idea, but you will be getting it in the mail later... :) After my Hawaii trip!! You could maybe take a piece of wood and make it in the shape of a surfboard to hang on the wall and then put the stencil of your favorite beach or surf pictures up on it. Put some chalk board on it and then you could also write messages on the board. I don't call myself crafty, though, so I might not be any help.

Darlene Swapp said...

Of course you're doing surf theme, are you married to Adam! Love it. I had the same thought your other friend had of putting up a Baby sized surf board on the wall. And maybe some bamboo lining the window. I don't know, you are so creative it is going to look so cute!

Kari Sweeten said...

What a cute theme! I think it would be cute to do bamboo curtain rods. That would be fun.

Lauren said...

I like the theme! Very original. Soo I recently was browsing through our posts and realized that you had posted saying you were going to be in Utah a while ago. I'm sorry I just saw it!!! Next time you guys are here you'll HAVE to call us! 908-230-2644!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Very cute ideas. I have no opinion but think you'll do just great.

WOW, you have a name already. What if he is born and he looks like a Marv or Ernest...then what?

jess said...

Leesha look at you all crafty! I love your name and I loved your comment on my blog.. Thanks so much for all the great advice- it was perfect! I am anxious to see your cute little guy ;)

Sara said...

yo, so gabriel's room is a surf bedroom. We had a really awesome time making everything, it saved us TONS of money and it made it way more personal. We copied some things from pottery barns "surf" bedroom (his colors are more red, blue, tan, olive green...) I made him a sweet quilt, TONS of different wall hangings, a sweet surf board headboard, lots of picture frames, etc. etc. even a surf board chalk board and clock!! our budget for the entire room was around $75. I can email you some pics if you want. sounds like fun. we are moving in august and we hope to get a larger place and then I want to make a beach themed play room.