February 19, 2009

Valentines Weekend

I know, I am a little late posting the Valentine's Day stuff, but after hearing some have nothing to do at work and really need a little reading material I thought I would give them something to kill time. :) Our Valentine's Day actually had to take place on the Wednesday before because we were leaving to Texas the next morning and I knew I would not have the time nor the opportunity to do something fun and cute while we were there. FYI: Adam had no clue I was even planning something...it was great!
It all started with me finding 15 or so cute saying like, "I love you", I miss you" I adore you", Eres el amor de mi Vida", "you make me smile", you make me happy" and many many more. They were posted all over the house leading up to our bedroom. When he first walked in the door he saw the start of his Valentine's Surprise. The kitchen counter was decorated which then led up the stairs to our bedroom. Along the way, were all the signs for him, as well as our song "When a man loves a Woman" playing in the background.
.
Once he got up to the bedroom, the floor was decorated in balloons that had "I love you because..." written on them and in each balloon had the reason why I love him. Then I got him a framed collage of his favorite pictures of us so he could hang it in his office at work. He has been asking me for a framed picture to put in his office, so I thought this would be perfect. Then next to the bed I made chocolate covered strawberries and got Apple Pomegranate Sparkling juice. It was really yummy!!!






I had a class that night so I knew he would come home and I wouldn't be able to see his reaction, but he told me how he totally was not expecting anything! We spent the night reading his "I love you's" eating yummy strawberries and packing to leave for Texas.

Ok, so he told me that the next morning he had a really early meeting to go to so we couldn't leave earlier than we had originally planned, so he got up and got in his work clothes and left. I didn't think anything of it, because he has meetings all the time. I got up Thursday morning, got ready and finished packing so we could leave as soon as he got home. He got back a little after 9:00 that morning and I asked him how his meetings went. He said they were fine and we continued to get ready to leave. As we were getting ready to leave, I went downstairs and saw my knife set sitting out on the kitchen counter. We never pull it out, so I was a little confused as to why it was out. I asked him if he knew anything about it, and he said he didn't. Finally as we were getting ready to walk out the door, he opened up my knife set and showed me that he had gone in really early that morning and had my old Chef Instructor show him how to professionally sharpen all my knives. We had been talking about getting my knives sharpened for a long time, but it is really expensive. He sacrificed, sleep, time and a few cuts to his fingers to sharpen all of my expensive knives. It was soooooo cool and so sweet!! I couldn't believe he even thought of that! He was trying to keep it a secret and trying to do it as close to the time when we were leaving so I wouldn't suspect anything, it was perfect!!! I love you sweetie!! I know I am weird, but cutting up veggies is so much more fun now!! :)

FLIGHT TO TEXAS!

After me gawking over my knives, we drove to Salt Lake as fast as we could to try and catch our flight. We had to fly into Dallas and then to San Antonio and didn't fly in until midnigh on Thursday.

It was so nice to be greeted by my mother-in-law and brother-in-law Jacob. Ahhh...and the weather...much warmer than here!! We got back to the house and somehow ended up talking until about 3:00 Friday morning and finally went to bed.



We spent a little time at the Stock Show looking around at all the fun shops and eating yummy and expensive food. I never imagined food could cost that much!! We first got stopped because several of the guys wanted to prove their masculinity and do push-ups for a T-shirt and our nephew Scott decided that he too wanted to join in! It was hilarious. This is Adam's brother Paul and our nephew Scott doing their push-ups.





Then Adam went over to the Marines to try his luck at the pull-ups! He got a fun dog tag thingy.

Then while the boys wanted to do a big simulated army thing, we took Scott on the merry go round thing...what do you call those things? I have no idea...but we took him on it. It was hilarious because he had absolutely no expression on his face the entire time we put him on it, but you made a HUGE mistake if you tried to take him off.



After a long night walking around at the stock show, we made it back home for another late night of visiting. The next morning was Valentine's Day and Adam and his brothers and friends all woke up early for a game of paintball in the back yard. They get into this game, camo and everything!!





Also that morning, my cousin Katie and her husband Brad drove all the way from Houston extremely early in the morning and stopped over to visit. Of course Brad was not expected to visit with the ladies, so he got to play a few rounds of paintball with the guys while Katie and I visited for a few hours. It was so fun to see them again! Katie and Chandra have always been one of my favorite cousin's and it makes me sad that we don't get to see each other that often. Thank you Katie and Brad for coming to visit!!



After our visit and a few games of Paintball, Brad and Katie took off for their Valentine's day activities, and we headed to the Rodeo and Concert to see Lady Antebellum (whoever that is...I just know it is a famous country singer...)
Sad events occured for me and Adam at the Rodeo...you see, I have always been very allergic to cats, horses, rabbits and pretty much anything that is furry, however; I have sort of gotten used to most dogs. Well...every rodeo I have ever been to has been outside, so I didn't think much about this one, until we showed up and I saw that it was not an outside Rodeo. I thought maybe I would be OK because I brought an Alavert tablet. We got inside and I could feel the effects of being in there within seconds of walking in the stadium. We walked in and got to see the bucking bronco's for a second and then went to find our seats. Once I got in my seat, I decided now was the best time to take my allergy pill, but...it was a little too late. I started sneezing, eyes were itching and my throat really started to itch. After a few minutes, I could tell that my throat was getting really tight and I was having trouble breathing. I thought maybe it would help if I went in the bathroom and washed my hands and neck (sometimes that helps) but this time...no good. To make a long story short, it was only getting worse. My sister in law luckily had some Benadryl on her, and I finally had to leave the Stadium and go outside, by this point my chest was really tight and I had to lift my chin fairly high everytime I wanted to take a breath. Adam looked over at me sitting on the bench and said that my cheeks were white and thought it was best to go somewhere else. We left the Rodeo area and went to walk around the stock show again. That ended our Rodeo adventure and we didnt get to see the concert. :( Sorry sweetie! I spent the rest of the night zonked out in the car from the Benadryl until about 10:00 that night. We had yummy Rudy's BBQ and for dessert!!! mmmm...I love that stuff!!

On a happy note...Jacob and I found the Pillsbury Dough boy! :)




There is one last thing I wanted to post, and that was our Wii Fit adventure on Sunday Evening. I got some funny video's of Adam and his brother Josh shakin it on the hula hoop game. It was hilarious, I want to get one now! :) Sorry it is sideways, I guess I can't turn the video once it has been recorded.





We had a great time in Texas!!! It was really sad to come home, and my legs and feet did not like the plane ride home very much either. Once we got off the plane I couldn't figure out why my legs were hurting ever time I took a step, until I pulled up my pant leg and realized that my legs and feet were so swollen I looked like I had elephantiasis. We drove back to Idaho that night and because of the time our flight got in, we left Roy around 9:30 and hit a pretty bad snow storm and didnt end up getting home until 2:00am. We were happy to crash in our beds, but unhappy to wake up to reality and start work and school again. Oh well...guess we will have to go to Texas again :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's day and quite the adventures in Texas! I'm sorry to hear that your allergies were so bad, I totally know the feeling. Mine actually flared up the worst when I was pregnant- no fun! We miss you guys so much and wish we could hang out soon! Until then I guess we'll just keep blogging right? Talk to you soon! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! It was SO much fun!! Totally worth the couple hours drive. I feel so bad about your allergy attack. That isn't fun. Especially with all the neat things about the rodeo. Brad and I had so much fun visiting you guys.

Your Valentine's back at home looked so romantic and fun.

PS, I'm glad you found the Pillsbury Dough Boy

Anonymous said...

You're so cute, you cute prego lady. I'm glad you had fun with Katie. I miss you, too. We need to do something the next time you visit your mom.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

How fun!!! I did that last year for Matts Valentines. You get so motivated! No, I never found out who that Holy Rider is but I changed settings now. I had it on "Open Id users welcome" and it is private so it is someone who is on there who went under Open Id. So make sure your settings are on Blogger ID only... will prevent any unwelcome comments! Your belly is lookin cute! I am so excited for you to see how great being a mom is!! Glad you had fun in Texas!

mom2ky said...

Leesh, I'm SOOOOO glad you posted everything about your trip...and especially about your valentine's day surprise! I'm glad it turned out so well--YOU ROCK! You are such a good wifey. I'm also jealous, but glad you had a wonderful trip to a warmer place! I love reading your blog. Ta ta for now!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good Valentines day! I wish we could have seen you too, but we totally understand! You guys were so busy and 4 days is such a short trip! Maybe next time!! ;)