February 9, 2009

Boy or Girl???


It has been fun for us to imagine what our little baby will be. We both have been so certain for the longest time that we just KNEW what our first baby would be due to experiences, dreams and feelings we both have had, but lately Adam and I have both been going back and forth thinking it was a boy then a girl. So many people have told us they thought it was a girl, so we pretty much started assuming it was a girl too. Adam was really hoping we could find out today because he said his pocket book would really appreciate it, then I would quit buying boy and girl clothes, and only have to buy just boy, or just girl stuff. I can't help it, I see so much cute stuff, I just want to buy it all!! Well, as we were at the Doctor's Appointment, I could see the anticipation on Adam's face. She started to do the Ultrasound and once he caught a glimpse of the baby's head he jumped out of his seat to get a closer look. I could tell what was on his mind...he just wanted to see "the part" that would make it real for him. Finally the doctor froze the screen and looked at us and said..."I can't give you a firm diagnosis, but I am 90% sure it is a boy." I looked up at Adam and he had a HUGE smile on his face, and before I had time to even react, he was giving me handshakes and pounds because he was so excited. He can't wait for his little buckaroo! We are very happy and can't wait to have our little boy here!!

(18 Weeks)

17 comments:

Alicia said...

If they say it's a boy - it always a boy. If they say it's a girl... sometimes it's a boy. haha. Congratulations!!!

Erin said...

Boys are GREAT. I guess I am a little biased since I have 2 of them :) Congrats and hope you are doing ok!!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations, that will be soo fun!

Chelle said...

Wahoo!!

VA Bradshaws said...

Congratulations! You are about to be a part of the funnest ride in the world. . . parenthood. That is awesome, we are so excited for you. Oh and we hope to catch up with you sometime.

mom2ky said...

Girl, you are in BIG TROUBLE for not CALLING ME!!! Congrats! Love ya!

Unknown said...

oh thats so exciting Congraulations! boys are the best let me tell you!

mom2ky said...

Okay, so you've picked a name too?? Brennan James Wickern??? Sounds great!! :) I thought you at least would have put something in there to remind you of me! LOL

Kari Sweeten said...

I am so happy for you! I love that my oldest is a boy to protect and watch over the girls. Congratulations to both of you!

Amy said...

Hurray for Brennon! I can just see Adam's reaction now! How fun will that be if we have a boy too! Anyway, congrats to you both!

Candice & Brian Mahoskey said...

CONGRATS miss, i love my little boy :) they are sooooo fun

Kbiehl said...

A boy, congratulations. Kevin is going to be so jealous. He can't wait till we have a boy! You are so small too. I am sure you feel huge, but you look small to me, but very cute! Good luck with everything and if you need someone to tell you about the weird things with pregnancy I am always willing to share!!! Miss you guys!
love, Chelsi

Chelsea Nicole said...

This is so exciting seeing you look prego... I'm so so sorry about your book, I have it and it's sitting in my car to take to you even. It's been there for awhile now, however i will put a reminder on my phone and take it to you tomorrow hopefully. I'm just trying to remember hopefully you're in kensington ill give ya call

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Congrats! We're so excited for you!

Sayei said...

Congratulations!! YAY! a Boy!
I knew it! :) I am very Happy for you guys.
I Love the name you picked for him.
I want him to be born on The Best Day of the Year! July 15, because it's My Birthday! :)
Enjoy your pregnancy. Take care.
I send our Love to you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yah a BOY!! Boys are so much fun! Congratulations!!

Brent and Sarah Beck Family said...

Leesha, you are so cute. congrats on having a boy. It's so fun. When I was pregnant all my friends were having girls and they would be like oh sorry or at least have that look on their face. I was like, are you kidding? I am so excited!! You are going to have so much fun and be a great mom. Good Luck. Also thanks so much for the birthday note. You have an awesome memory.