
How is this possible? I have always had a bad case of A.D.D but this is ridiculous! Throughout my life my parents and teachers would get so mad at me because I couldn't focus on one thing at a time, so I had to learn to train myself how to stay focused, and now I am all jumbled again. It seems like everyday I go through a list of things I need to accomplish that day, and by the time Adam comes home for lunch I have completely lost focus and have only accomplished a few things on my list. I even try to go through w

hat I need to accomplish that day with Adam so he can try to help me remember, but it isn't like he doesn't have enough to do already. I have little notes on various pieces of paper to remind me of people I need to call, papers I need to print, and many other things, but do you think I could remember to do them? I was warned that you get prego brain I guess I just didn't focus long enough to remember that detail! :)

Usually I remember what it was that I needed to do around 8:00 that night and it is either too late or I am too tired to do it. Adam asks me if I finished my homework and I gasp because I realized I have a paper that I needed to write. Or, I get out of the shower only to realize that I haven't washed our whites AGAIN and I don't have anything to wear AGAIN, or that for the 15 thousandth time, I forgot to turn off my hair straightener and put it away (which FYI, I never ever used to do that). I somehow manage to post random things on my blog, but do you think I can remember to go eat something so my baby has nourishment? I really think there is a chemical reaction when you get pregnant that does more than just alters your memory... I believe your brain starts to

disintegrate! Or...I've got it the baby is sucking it all through the placenta, I sure hope my baby is smarter than I am right now...everytime I apologize to Adam for having prego brain, he just laughs and says, "I'm glad you said it and not me." Isn't that sad? Please rescue me!!

11 comments:
I'm glad I'm the first one to post on THIS topic. I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you...but this is JUST the beginning of "Mommy Brain". You'll get used to it! Love ya!
It's so true and so frustrating! John just shakes his head and smiles at me when I forget something! Just keep writing lots of notes to yourself or keep a big notepad out where you can see it all the time to help you remember little things that you write down throughout the day, it usually helps me! :) Also I find that I have to write something down right when I'm thinking about it otherwise it's gone! Good luck!
Oooohh Girl!!! So sorry! I HATE to tell you... but it only gets worse when the baby comes... and even worse with each kid... (I'm at 2... and I'll tell ya! I'm a stranger in my own head sometimes!!!!)
It doesn't go away either (it isn't as bad though). I once put some leftovers in the microwave instead of the refrigerator. I didn't figure it out until I was making my husband's lunch, and I couldn't find the leftovers from the night before! It was gross! And I wasn't even pregnant.
Oh trust me- your brain will never be the same! Congrats on the baby boy!! Yes, we are living in Utah. If you scroll down a few posts on our blog you can read the explanation. Let us know if you're ever in the area!
you are so funny. hey i tagged you so have fun wih it! oh its on my blog to see what it is.
It only gets worse! :)
I hate to say it,but my prego brain never went away!! I'm sure you will recover though! You look so cute pregnant! It makes me so excited for you when I see your pictures, being a mom is the best, and craziest, job in the world!
Get used to it girl it only gets worse after the baby arrives!! You really don't remember to eat when they come, but you do remember to feed them (at least most of the time I remembered). I still forget now sometimes.
k I was gonna say what everyone else said that it gets worse!! I forget everything and it drives me and Marc crazy!!! I'm just glad to know it happens to all the other moms and I'm not the only crazy person!! Good luck! atleast you try, I just completely block everything out!!!
Sadly, I have prego brain and I'm so far from being pregnant. I keep telling Brad that I don't want to know what it's going to be like when I'm pregnant. Now you've made even more nervous! By the way, CONGRATULATIONS on the little boy!! Brad and I were talking and he really wants a little boy first. God will probably smite him with a girl. :)
Post a Comment