January 14, 2009

Maxi Dresses...




Ok, many of you have been or are pregnant at this time and have figured out what kind of clothing is the most comfortable. I have to admit I am a little prideful and refuse to wear maternity clothes, at least at this point. My sisters-in-law let me borrow a lot of maternity clothes and they are all adorable, but I don't feel that I am at the "pokey out" stage of my pregnancy enough to wear actual maternity clothes. However, it is a sad sight when the Maternity clothes are too big, and my old clothes are all too small and I feel like Chris Farley.
Every morning my poor husband has to hear me go through my entire closet before I feel comfortable and cute in something.
For my husbands sanity will you please give me some advice? My sister-in-law Becky gave me this adorable long dress that I love wearing, and I want more like it. I have looked EVERYWHERE for more dresses like this, but I can't find any, maybe I should rephrase that...I can't find any that I can afford. I found out they are called Maxi dresses, and I want more. I am not exactly a shopper nor do I really keep up on the latest trends, so please dont laugh because I just figured out they were called Maxi Dresses, because I felt the same way as Adam when I told him what they were. I wondered if I heard that right, I was thinking it had something to do with feminine products at first, but then learned what a Maxi dress really was. :) So here are a few pictures of dresses that I have found that I really like, and of course, I would make them more modest, but if you know where I can find some that are not as expensive as these ones or you have advice on clothing, please tell me quickly!!


11 comments:

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

I love those dresses too. I saw a couple this past week at forever 21 and urban wear. I just don''t know if Idaho has those stores. I bet you could look online at those stores and they were pretty decent price. Good Lluck!!

Tiff and Chris said...

Cute dresses. When y'all ar here in February you'll have to go to the La Cantera Mall to a store called Francescas. They always have dresses like these. Its in the new part of the mall. I will be sure to let Chris know that you guys will be down here. Sounds like a good idea to ditch the guys and wine and dine ourselves!

VA Bradshaws said...

Hey Alisha, this is Matt Bradshaw's wife Kim. When I was at that stage I would use the rubber band trick with my pants. You've probably already heard of it but if you haven't it gives you extra room in your jeans. You put the rubber band through the whole where you button your pants and make it so you can loop it around the button. I don't know if that makes sense or not but it really does make you feel like you have more breathing room. I know your post was about dresses but until you can find more maybe this will help.

VA Bradshaws said...

Hey Alisha, this is Matt Bradshaw's wife Kim. When I was at that stage I would use the rubber band trick with my pants. You've probably already heard of it but if you haven't it gives you extra room in your jeans. You put the rubber band through the whole where you button your pants and make it so you can loop it around the button. I don't know if that makes sense or not but it really does make you feel like you have more breathing room. I know your post was about dresses but until you can find more maybe this will help.

Becky Marie said...

Don't you love that dress!!! I got it at Target in the Spring. I will keep on the look-out for you.

jbrown said...

Ah.. definitely the annoying stage of pregnancy. Luckily I was mostly pregnant in the spring/summer and wore gaucho pants and skirts ALL the time. I seriously never wore jeans. Such a wardrobe really doesn't work for a winter in Rexburg though!!

Lauren said...

Ooops.. I think I just posted from Joe's account :)

Carolyn Cox said...

craigslist.com may be an option, but I don't know for sure.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

They are a life saver and I still wear mine and they look great!!! I found a couple of mine (you can see from my past posts while pregnant) from Forever 21. Here are a couple URL's to try out: FOREVER 21- http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=DRESS&product%5Fid=2054962008&showBACK=OK

NORDSTROMS- http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6014196/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014196?cm_ven=google&cm_cat=dress&cm_pla=top_kw&cm_ite=maxi%20dresses

VICTORIAS SECRET (BEST PLACE EVER)- http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9H-224949&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSVIL&rfnbr=2667

ONSALE V.S: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9H-225738&cgname=OSKEYCLOZZZ&rfnbr=2201

ONSALE V.S: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9H-225518&cgname=OSKEYCLOZZZ&rfnbr=3205

Hope you can find some, they are soo cute and comfortable pregnant and not! Bonne Chance!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

No, I think it is really cute. If you look back at my pictures I have some where I just wore a white tee under my dress in the summer and long in winter. I think on these dresses it would be a little off with a cardigan or something else over. If you are ever in Utah you really shoul go to the Gateway Mall and look at Forever 21 in person. They might have sales during that time too ;) If you need anything else finding stuff for baby/pregnancy let me know since I just went through that all.

Anonymous said...

You probably look awesome and are just being too hard on yourself! I'll be looking for you. You'd be surprised at the sales that Victoria's Secret has and the cute stuff there. If I find one that might work I'll ship it to you! E-mail me with your size, please.