Adam and I had the opportunity 2 weekends ago to attend the Sealing of a couple that Adam and I are friends with. Adam knew Hermana Bringas in his mission in Florida and she happened to move out to Provo to live near her daughter. A few months back we went to visit with them and found out that she was getting married soon. We were so excited for them and we both tried to make the plans to attend the wedding. We had gone to Utah for my Grandma's 80th birthday and hoped that their wedding was that weekend so we would already be down there, but we found out the wedding was actually the next weekend. We didn't even have to question it, we knew we would be going down to attend the Temple with them. Hermana Bringas had no idea that we would be there, so it was exciting knowing that it would be a surprise when she walked in the Sealing Room. We had a few mishaps with Adam's Temple Recommend because for some reason after he got it renewed it had not been activated so we sat in the waiting room at the Temple for almost 45 minutes waiting for someone to fix his recommend. We were nervous they would not let us in the Sealing Room. Fortunately, we were able to get in and sat right by the door. Everyone gathered in the Room (which was amazingly beautiful by the way) and surprisingly I did not feel out of place at all even though I was the only one in the room that did not speak a lick of Spanish. As Hermana Bringas and her Husband entered the Room, she saw Adam and I sitting there and she gasped in surprise. Her face lit up, it was the most gorgeous sight I have ever seen. She brought tears to my eyes as I knew what an important moment this was for her and how happy she was. She continued to look over at us with tears in her eyes, thanking us for coming. When the Sealer began, he asked if there was anyone in the audience that did no understand Spanish and I ever so slightly raised my hand while lowering my head in embarrassment. Everyone laughed a little and the Sealer told me that I would have to just bear with the moment of not knowing what was being said. I told him, "The spirit is the same, so I am not worried." I thought it was an incredible moment! I testify that the spirit really is the same!!! What an amazing opportunity, I watched Hermana Bringas and her new husband kneel together hand in hand and make sacred covenants and then saw their children join them. It was beautiful. I remember not too long ago, I was once an obnoxious child (yes, I know hard to believe) and I knelt with my parents and brothers to receive the same Eternal Covenants. I remember the Sealer having to start our ceremony over several times because my little A.D.D body would not sit still. My mom still laughs about that to this day.
October 6, 2008
Another Eternal Family brought together.......
Adam and I had the opportunity 2 weekends ago to attend the Sealing of a couple that Adam and I are friends with. Adam knew Hermana Bringas in his mission in Florida and she happened to move out to Provo to live near her daughter. A few months back we went to visit with them and found out that she was getting married soon. We were so excited for them and we both tried to make the plans to attend the wedding. We had gone to Utah for my Grandma's 80th birthday and hoped that their wedding was that weekend so we would already be down there, but we found out the wedding was actually the next weekend. We didn't even have to question it, we knew we would be going down to attend the Temple with them. Hermana Bringas had no idea that we would be there, so it was exciting knowing that it would be a surprise when she walked in the Sealing Room. We had a few mishaps with Adam's Temple Recommend because for some reason after he got it renewed it had not been activated so we sat in the waiting room at the Temple for almost 45 minutes waiting for someone to fix his recommend. We were nervous they would not let us in the Sealing Room. Fortunately, we were able to get in and sat right by the door. Everyone gathered in the Room (which was amazingly beautiful by the way) and surprisingly I did not feel out of place at all even though I was the only one in the room that did not speak a lick of Spanish. As Hermana Bringas and her Husband entered the Room, she saw Adam and I sitting there and she gasped in surprise. Her face lit up, it was the most gorgeous sight I have ever seen. She brought tears to my eyes as I knew what an important moment this was for her and how happy she was. She continued to look over at us with tears in her eyes, thanking us for coming. When the Sealer began, he asked if there was anyone in the audience that did no understand Spanish and I ever so slightly raised my hand while lowering my head in embarrassment. Everyone laughed a little and the Sealer told me that I would have to just bear with the moment of not knowing what was being said. I told him, "The spirit is the same, so I am not worried." I thought it was an incredible moment! I testify that the spirit really is the same!!! What an amazing opportunity, I watched Hermana Bringas and her new husband kneel together hand in hand and make sacred covenants and then saw their children join them. It was beautiful. I remember not too long ago, I was once an obnoxious child (yes, I know hard to believe) and I knelt with my parents and brothers to receive the same Eternal Covenants. I remember the Sealer having to start our ceremony over several times because my little A.D.D body would not sit still. My mom still laughs about that to this day.
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I could feel the spirit as you were writing that and of course you brought tears to my eyes. That was beautiful and incredible that you were able to witness and be a part of that. Congratulations!
Wow! Those expreiences are just some of those that you kinda wish you were there and a part of it. That's awesome you guys!
What an amazing experience attending a sealing is! We attended one not too long ago and the spirit was so incredibly strong, and even more so when the children joined their parents! That's great you were able to surprise them too! I'm sure that made their day!
Thank you for being there for my mom! It was a very beautiful day!
Post a Comment