September 23, 2008

Chocolate Overdose



If you haven't been to the Godiva Chocolatier Co. I strongly recommend you give it a try. Last year at Christmas we were shopping at the La Cantera Mall in San Antonio and happened to come around the corner to find the Godiva Chocolatier. Adam and his dad love dark chocolate so this was a little piece of heaven for them. They bought these chocolate smoothie type drinks and I thought, "oh, I will give it a try." I don't like dark chocolate but I pretty much finished Adam's smoothie for him. It was AMAZING! It has this really yummy hot cocoa mix and shreds of Godiva milk chocolate bars throughout the drink. Well, around the same time as my birthday, my mother-in-law sent us a package. We didn't really know what to expect but were eager to see what was inside. We were so excited to see a complete package of the drink mix for the Godiva drink we had. So last night for Family Home Evening we decided to treat ourselves with a chocolate decadent drink! It was so yummy I didn't want to stop, but I had so much of it my stomach was screaming at me. While were to reading together we both had to lay on our stomachs or our back because we drank way too much. If you have a chocolate craving, this is the solution for you!!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love godiva! i had a friend back home who use to work there and she would hook me up with all the chocolate covered strawberries (if they were a day old) and broken truffles. i dont know if they still have them but, if you ever happen upon one in spring time they have this seasonal truffle that is white chocolate with tropical fruit filling (i usually dont like mangos and stuff but it is way good). i use to eat them everyday all day.
thank you for your blog it brought back so many happy chocolate memories for me

Chelle said...

You are making me hungry!!

Anonymous said...

We found Godiva chocolate in New York when I was playing the violin there. Oh my... tons better than Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co. I LOVE Godiva! I also love that you can make the drink look even better than the thing that they create. Love it, Leesh. Samantha's comment is making me hungry...

The Gaston's said...

OH my that looks so freakin good!! I used to drive to Seattle when I was living in Washington... just for Godiva chocolates!! they were sent straight from GOD thats why they are GODiva chocolates!!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Yumm.
I buy the flowers at a craft store and cut the stem etc off and hot glue it back together. Buy the jewel at a walmart or target wherever they sell embelishments (even a scrapbook store). The hardest part is the clip... I can show you anytime your up next if you want to make them for your niece. The bows are easy too, just hard to explain??!