So, I am not very savvy when it comes to all this baby gear stuff. I had no clue that when we were buying our infant car seat that once Brennon turned 1 year old that we were NOT able to just simply turn it around and let him face forward. I asked Adam if he would turn Brennon's car seat around and when he told me that he didn't think it was able to do that, I was floored.
So we drove to Toy's R Us to look at car seats (because that is the ONLY place besides Target here) and we have no clue what to look for. Can anyone help?!?
These are the ones I have researched and like, but I really don't know some of the ins and outs of them and which ones really are better.
Graco Nautalis 3-in-1
Britax Boulevard
Britax Frontier
Anyone know anything about these, or have others that they recommend more?
June 28, 2010
Car Seat Dilemma
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I am a carseat junkie. If you want to know safety ratings, etc., you can always check consumer report. However, Britax convertible seats beat anyone else, hands down! The Evenflo Triumph runs a close second. At his age I would go with the Boulevard over the Frontier (saying this keep in mind my daughter has a frontier) simply because the design of the Frontier is for kids over 25 lbs and 2 years old. The Boulevard can also rear face and extended rear facing is being recommended now by the NHTSA. Just my 2 cents! :)
He also needs to meet the height and weight limits on which ever seat you decide before you can turn him around. He by law has to be 1 and 20 lbs before...but some seats have other specifications. :)
I had a Britax for Gracie (chosen after I did a bunch of research) and loved it. For Barrett I bought something different (can't remember the name) and I like it as well. Both children are still traveling safely. :) You'll find that people either love Britax seats or hate them. Many people think they're a waste of money and any seat will do. I did love mine and was in an accident with it and Gracie was fine. I say do some research and get what you can afford and feel good about.....then go forward with faith that the Lord will watch over B-man (and the rest of you)! :)
Britax... all the way and check out Albeebaby.com... so much cheaper and check out retailmenot for coupons ;)!
I learned recently that the newer carseats are Rachel proof and are difficult to unbuckle... Make sure you can get that kiddo out of his seat, too. Just a thought. :o) I struggled...
But other than that...I really have NO CLUE about seats... Someday, I guess I'll have to research that kind of stuff OR I'll just have to ask for your wisdom. :o)
Good luck and you ROCK!
My kids travel safely in the least expensive version. Not sure what all the hype is about "name brand" car seats when they all have to pass safety tests before they are placed on the shelves. To each his own. Good luck.
I love that picture!!! We ended up getting a car seat on sale at target. I think it is the Eddie Bauer brand. We love it! The most expensive really isn't always the best, so be careful there. Otherwise I would just say get one that Brennon can use now and grow into like a 3 in 1 or something that has great reviews. I'm no help, I know. I mostly just wanted to comment on how much I love that picture!!
So I know I'm late commenting on this but we have that first one for ort boys, the Graco. We bought it because we liked that it can convert to a booster so that they can use it longer. It's easy to buckle and the boys seem to like it, oh and the cup holder is very handy. A few things that aren't all that great are that it says it can recline but it doesn't recline hardy at all, so when they fall asleep in the car their heads end up falling forward. Also it is very heavy so if you do a lot of flying like us it is kind of annoying lugging them around (but again, we have two). Anyway overall we like them and are so glad we bought them. Hope that helps! :)
Post a Comment