April 7, 2010

Clarification...

First off, so many have responded and helped me with various recipes and strategies that have worked for you. THANK YOU!!! I will give them a try. I have tried the OxiClean blue bottle spray, but I guess my problem was that I am washing them in hot water instead of cold...DOH!

I should have clarified when I talked about Brennon's onesies always getting stained...they aren't getting stained during the actual meal time since he always has a bib on. (Thanks Capeetan Jo) :) He has GERD's and we have tried reflux medications, but they don't work...the stains on his shirts come from the time I take the bib off, after he is finished eating, to when I finally get sick of seeing the spit up all over his clothes and I take them off and put a new outfit on.

Also, in case you read my post and thought, "what a dumbie, she doesn't let her son feed himself??" let me try and redeem myself...I have a hard time believing that an 8 1/2 month old has the coordination of feeding himself baby food (with a spoon), I mean...let's get real, I can't even feed myself half the time, HOWEVER, I do let him eat, bananas, avocado's, mangoes, and all sorts of yummy things that he can pick up with his little tiny flanges.

The End. (Stepping down from soap box)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!! I love your soap boxes! And I haven't read the other comments yet, but ::gawk!:: YOU don't have him wearing a bib the whole time?!? I'm in shock! ;o) You must be gluten for punishment or was cursed as a child... I only fear how it'll be for me when I have my own after my mom has cursed me to have children like me (and I'm sure she was thinking -- 'or worse!').

I'm sure you'll figure a way to get out those stains. After all, this is your first child and those are the ones you experiment with anyways...guinea pigs -- I know and if Brennon ever needs to have someone he can come and vent to about that status, he can always come to me and he and I can relate. ;o) I can be a good aunt in that way. Others...I can't say much -- besides having fun.

Good luck with figuring out your dilemma. I'm sure you'll get it squared away in some fashion. I read a laundry book that my mom had given me several years ago and a lady in her 90s wrote it. She said the best stain remover is a bar of Ivory Soap... Don't know, never tried it...but she handwashed all her clothes and kids growing up...maybe she knows a heck of a lot more than most of us.

Caleb Carter said...

I hope that you figure out the stain thing because I totally understand. I love the look of bright new clean onesie. I agree that they can't feed themselves yet but the finger foods are great. I didn't think that you didn't let him feed himself.
I agree with the spit up thing, I wish that babies could figure something out. It seems just as soon as I get my kid dressed he spits up on his outfit and then I am sad because it is dirty and I like my kid to look clean and well taken care of. But I agree, I like my little outfits too much to have a bib covering them up all day.
I wish you the best and hope you figure something out before he gets old enough to feed himself all his food and decided that dirt is his best friend. I have learned that sometimes you have to let it go and let them be kids. But really I think that it is great that you keep your kid so clean and looking so handsome and I hope that something helps to get the stains out. I think that you are an awesome mom.

PAM said...

Hi my girl, yes it is ok to let him feed himself, just take his clothes off, put them back on later. As to the stains, I really like Zap. And you have to use it right away with cold water. Rinse and wash in the sink if it is really bad with dishwashing soap, blood has to be done the same way, with cold water first. After you have removed the stain then use hot water. Hot will set the stain.

JoAnn said...

I finally figured out what GERD stood for: Gorgeous Energetic Righteous Dude. Yepppp -- Brennon TOTALLY has GERDs. :)

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Leesh you crack me up! Flanges. HAHAHAHA I laughed at that forever! You're lil boy is sure a darling little thing! I can't believe he's getting so big and grown up :)