February 28, 2010

Family, Snowmobiling and schtuff

Adam's brother Paul came to visit 2 weekends ago. Their goal was to go snowboarding until they didn't think they could snowboard anymore...well...see for yourself what happened next. Paul arrived on Wednesday evening after a long flight from Texas and a drive from Salt Lake. He and Adam woke up Thursday morning so antsy to get out and start snowboarding. Their hope was the snowboard all day Thursday, Friday night and Saturday night. They left early so they could get on the slope by noon and after about 2 hours of snowboarding Paul wanted Adam to go off a bunch of jumps with him. Adam said he didn't want to yet, he wanted to wait until their dad came up, then their dad could take pictures for them. Paul didn't want to wait so he decided to start going off a few...well...he hit this one jump and it forced him into a front flip and he landed on his back causing a hairline fracture on his spine. DOH! He wasn't about to quit snowboarding after only 2 hours, he came to snowboard all weekend long and that is what he was going to do. They continued snowboarding for another 2 hours until they decided to come home because the pain was a little too much.

Paul came walking in the door and the way he was walking I thought maybe he had pulled a muscle, or maybe caused concern for future children. I asked what happened and he told me that he fell and was just a little sore. mm hmmm... After watching him walk around that evening and the next morning, I knew it wasn't just a little bump on his rear, I kept telling him he needed to go in to the hospital to get it checked out, but it wasn't until he called his dad to get some heavy pain medication that his dad told him he needed to go get it checked at the hospital. Seriously, I'm no doctor but c'mon...a limping man OBVIOUSLY means something more than a bruise. I guess the fact that my father-in-law is an actual credible doctor (and wonderful too) overrides Dr. Leesha. He went up to our trusty neighborhood friends at the E.R. and received a few x-rays. Thanks Tauna for taking such good care of him! ;)




Needless to say, they didn't do any more snowboarding the rest of the weekend. Poor Paul!

Good news is though...we got to visit with Paul! :) Brennon L-O-V-E-D being with Paul. This picture is a perfect example of Brennon's face almost the entire time Paul was here.



The minute Paul walked in the door he got down on the floor with Brennon and put his hat on him. Brennon has been going through this "shy face" stage and Paul happened to capture it perfectly on his phone. Thanks Paul for coming to visit!

Friday and yesterday, Adam, Brennon and I met up with Nate and Kate at their cabin in Island Park. Brennon has been a little sick the past week so we figured if we kept him inside while playing games and just hangin out he would be OK to take a trip. Not only did we get to just hang out, but we also got to play in the snow! not Brennon of course!



ahhh serenity!



This was my first time eva snowmobiling! I did have a blast and I'm no Olympic medalist, but woooeee, I hauled tooshie on that bad boy. Took a few jumps and actually went up on one ski at one point, only because I turned too sharp and almost peed my pants cause I thought I was going to tip over, but you thought I was cool huh?





After Kater and I had our little ride, Nate and Kate pulled Adam on a snowboard type thingy behind one of the snowmobiles.



He is culprit numero uno



numero dos
note the interesting mischievous expression on her face...or she could be scared she is going to fall off the back of the snowmobile...



and introducing Shaun White...cough...I mean Adam







We had so much fun is I.P. I seriously needed to get away. According to some people...I need to "seriously get out a bit more" ;) ...so this was PERfect!! I know I needed this and so did Adam.

The other day Adam and I had to run into the store pretty late at night and when we got inside Albertson's, we pulled up Brennon's blanket to find that he put himself to sleep sucking on his burp cloth instead of his pacifier.



I am not sure what this picture is about, apparently Adam was hangin out with Brennon on the couch and snapped a picture of him.



We took a trip to Utah a few weeks ago and I wanted to go say hi to my old boss and see some co-workers at the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg. Brennon loved the fountain on the 10th floor, so we let him play in it for a bit.





...and lastly, our son is the next Tony Horton...




The End.



2 comments:

JoAnn said...

1) Sooooo glad you could experience the joys of snowmobiling -- the first time EVA! :)
2) I'm really groovin' on Brennan's "Shy Face." So stinkin' adorable!

JoAnn said...

I just realized I've been misspelling the beautiful name of Brennon (with an O, thank you very much!)