I have the incredible opportunity to be a part of a pilot program for a company called Rfinity. It is awesome!! "RFinity has developed groundbreaking technology destined to turn m-commerce on its mobile wireless head by making mobile phone purchases air tight secure. Whether you are shopping at the mall or searching for bargains at a garage sale, RFinity’s advanced mobile open-encryption platform allows you to confidently make those purchases conveniently and securely with the wave of your cell phone."
I first became aware of RFinity when my husband was doing his Internship with the company that he now works for called the Eastern Idaho Entrepreneurial Center. He was put on a project to help identify potential market opportunities. He now works closely with the team of RFinity and was able to get me involved as well. My husband and I had breakfast one morning with the CEO of RFinity named Aaron Turner and the CTO and co-founder Steve McCown and I learned about the incredible technology that they created. Due to the early stages of the technology and the sensitivity of the time frame, we were asked to keep things confidential.
RFinity has hit the ground running and the first place they chose to use their technology is at BYU-Idaho. The technology was first developed and created at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) and these two gentleman chose BYU-Idaho to be the first to use encrypted mobile phone
purchases.
The reason I am posting about this is because I am one of the lucky 100 students and faculty that get to be a part of their pilot program. They gave me a brand new Treo Pro phone and last Thursday I won a $100 dollar shopping spree for being one out of 10 people that has proven to use their technology the fastest. I also have the opportunity to win a laptop, an itouch, a wii, a digital camera and tons of gift cards.
This new technology is quickly approaching the time when it will be in Universities all over and very soon to be world wide. If you want to learn more about this new technology and how to use "Quickpay" you can go to their webiste at www.rfinity.com or watch this video. Also, if you are a student or faculty or staff member at BYU-Idaho (which I know many of you are) you can be a part of their pilot program in the Winter 2010 semester. If you are interested go to survey.byuistore.com/pilot2
September 28, 2009
Rfinity. Convenient. Reliable. Secure
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment