I wanted to post of few pictures that were taken at the Baby Shower. I tried really hard to get a picture with everyone that was there, but after looking through all my pictures, there are sooooo many that I didn't get a picture with. I am really sad, I really wanted to make a collage out of it and put it in Brennon's book. I put a few of the pictures in a slideshow to make it easier to view.
P.S. Can I just add a little blurp in with this post? I have had a few people start calling Brennon "B.J." and nothing has bothered me my entire pregnancy until this started occurring. I know no one is meaning any harm by calling him B.J. but as Brennon's mother I refuse to have him called B.J. I mean no offense to anyone out there that likes to be called B.J. or knows someone that is called B.J. but I really really really do not want him called that. There is just something about the nickname that makes me cringe a little (don't need to go into that). I know all you mother's out there have little things you don't want for your child, like for example, my adorable niece Elizabeth, her mother does not want her called Lizzy. I personally think Lizzy is incredibly cute and would love to call her that, but I understand why she doesn't want people calling her Lizzy. She has another daughter named Isabella and they already call her Izzy, so naturally calling Elizabeth, Lizzy would drive her nuts...which I totally understand. I'll be honest though, I sometimes slip and try to call her Lizzy (don't hate me Beck).
So anyway, I just had to vent for a second. Please don't call my baby B.J. :)
Thanks, The End!
May 8, 2009
Baby Shower Pictures
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 11:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
hehe... I just had to laugh. If my son's initials were B and J, I would oppose him being called "BJ", too! Note taken. :)
AMEN!!! I hate and will absolutely correct anyone who calls Elizabeth "Lizzy." So, I complete understand. Leesh, her name is Ellie. ;)
You are so funny! I too can totally understand. For example i hate it when people call jacob 'jake'! I don't know why but i just do not like that nickname for him! haha anyway, Your so cute pregnant!
you look amazing! I know you probably are hating pregnacy at this point, but i swear you will miss. hope your doing well
I didn't realize the Vandenbergs were your relatives...du? They are my parents neighbors
LOL Okay!!! I LOVE it!!!! I'm not much for nicknames... It's like when people would call Andrew - Andy and Jacob - Jake... It would drive me nuts!!!!! And I'd want to correct them so much -- some I did!!! 0:o) I like the name Brennon just as it is! :o) I wish I had been there at your shower! I hope you had a wonderful time. Hopefully I'll be able to see that little guy when he's just a tiny baby. I gotta take those pictures for you! By the way! You make the cutest preggo lady! Miss ya!!
I promise NEVER to call him BJ.
Hahahahaha! That just cracks me up because I feel the exact same way. I am not opposed to shortening names, like Katie to Kate, but calling someone by their initials... I'm not the biggest fan of it even though I have a lot of friends that do that.
Hey I'm friends with Ashley and Brian. Sometimes I sneak on your page and read what's going on with you guys! I just wanted to say that I totally agree with not calling him BJ. My initials are also BJ and some people thought that was pretty funny when I was in high school. I however did not. I hope to see Brennon sometime at Ash and Brian's house! You look great!
Post a Comment