December 5, 2008

Black Friday

So after tossing around the idea of scurrying around for Black Friday, Adam and I made our choice of what we were going to do for Black Friday. He got up @ 4:00 am to get on Kohls.com to look for a wool dress coat that he has been wanting, but after discovering that because he signed on @ 4:07 am and they were sold out already, he came back to bed. We had every desire to get up at 6:00 and then at 7:00 and then eventually after poking and prodding each other to get up so we can go shopping, we eventually gave up. This is how we spent our Black Friday Morning...



It was so great! I feel for all of you that spent your morning fighting crazed shoppers and running on a few hours of sleep especially those of you with children. Rest assured, we were safely in bed at my parents house catching up on all the sleep that we were craving. We were not being trampled over for the newest Wii game, or shoved out of line for a big screen TV. We eventually rolled out of bed, got ready, went to R.C. Willey's shopped for a few hours, ate some yummy Cafe Rio and went to Sam's club. It wasn't half bad, most of the crowds were gone and I didn't feel rushed to buy anything because well...we didn't really have anything we wanted to buy. Except for the really REALLY nice Down Feather Sofa Sectional at R.C. Willey's that we both really wanted and because we knew the Salesman he was going to knock the price down over $1100 for us after asking his store manager. You have no idea how tempting that was for me, I really want a sectional and especially a down feather sectional! After weighing the pro's and con's for about 3 hours I could tell everyone was getting hungry and my parent's were not enjoying just watching us make a decision on a couch. I began to get this gut feeling that we shouldn't be spending that much money right now. We have been saving a little for this occasion, but no matter how much I tried to talk myself into getting it, I just couldn't get the words out of my mouth. I finally told Adam that I just didn't feel good about it and he said "great" then let's go get something to eat. We all left and that was that. It was nice to just just around that day and not feel pressured.

4 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

Way to trust your gut! We had a similar experience wanting to drop a large sum of money we'd been saving, but didn't feel so great. Turned out we needed it for an emergency...thank goodness for promptings.

Chandra said...

I hate you:-)

Brookie said...

i love how cute you make your blog all the time:) as for sleeping on black friday...i was one of those crazy shoppers:) it was fun though:) anyway, i love your blog:)

Brent and Sarah Beck Family said...

Hey Leesha, We just created a blog. Actually the night before you left the comment. Hope you guys are doing well. Where are you now? I lost your e-mail so please drop me a line with an update. Would love to hear from you.