November 25, 2008

Getting to know you...

Alright Alright, I will give it a shot, even though Thanksgiving is only 2 days away. I was going to wait until after Thanksgiving to do this because I was tagged, but I will do it now :)

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire post and paste into a new post that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......'Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like both, depends on what I am giving and how big it is.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I like real ones, but we haven't had one since we have been married because for one we are not home often enough to really enjoy the tree and two, in our old place there was never any room for a Christmas Tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually my parents put up the tree about December 23rd, we might put one up shortly after Thanksgiving this year.

4. When do you take the tree down? My parents usually kept the tree up until the Super Bowl, not sure when we will take ours down this year.

5. Do you like eggnog? It's not bad, if I am in the mood. I like more milk in my eggnog than I like actual eggnog, maybe 1/4 eggnog and the rest milk :)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember my dad would take my old toys or clothes and make them into something new. Like one year he painted my old bike and make me think it was new, then he took some of my old jeans and splashed bleach all over them (it was the 80's ok!!) so I would think he bought me new jeans. I always loved anything that I could do with my brother's.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope

8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom and Adam

9. Easiest person to buy for? My dad

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?I don't have a particular one, but I do know there are things I have received that was obvious someone didn't put any thought into, they just grabbed what they had around the house hoping I would like it or thinking I wouldn't notice that it had dust on it from sitting in a corner for several years.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "The Christmas Story" and "The Santa Claus" (not the Tim Allen version)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I get the time to.. usually after Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, but I can't remember when or what.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? yummy goodness! Pretty much anything, I love mint chocolate chip cookies

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree ? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? I Love them all!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? 10 times out of 10 we are traveling for Christmas. Both of our families are not close by, so we always travel for the holidays.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I'm sure if I thought about it.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My family likes to open all gifts on Christmas Eve because then we spend all of Christmas day hanging out together and with Family.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People feeling that they have to go into debt to buy gifts for people.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Don't really have one.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We have always had the same Christmas dinner that we usually have for Thanksgiving dinner, but I experienced a fun Christmas dinner last year. Because my in-laws lived in so many different places they have a tradition for Christmas dinner that I love. They have large varieties of European cheeses, meats, breads, crackers, dips, spreads and lots of fruit and vegetables. It doesn't sound like our traditional Christmas dinner, but I loved it! I love all that kind of stuff and it was fun!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing really, I would rather prepare for the future!

26. Who are you going to tag for this Christmas questionaire?? Sharon, Tiffany, All the Becky's on my list, Tara, Chandra, Katie, Amy, Darlene, Chelsea, Brooke,

4 comments:

Brookie said...

that was fun to read about you:) i love christmas time:)

The Gaston's said...

Yeah.... thank you my dear!!! I hope that you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

VA Bradshaws said...

Thanks Alisha for the advice. It is actually Matt that is going through all of that fun. His dad has many of the same problems and has been dealing with tests and specialists for 30 years. He had his gullbladder removed not to long ago but it didn't seem to fix his problems but I will let Matt know to ask at his next appointment.

Anonymous said...

Why haven't you asked my mom for a Nativity Set? I know she'd make one for you! They're beautiful.