
Stressed out? Here's a surprisingly simple way to calm down: Hold hands. That's the buzz from James A. Coan, a neuroscientist in the University of Virginia's psychology department. Brain scans of women under stress show they get calmer when holding a man's hand, even that of a stranger. Stress reduction was most dramatic when the woman and man had close emotional ties. The greatest beneficiaries: happily married women who held hands with their spouses. Holding hands also may lower a woman's perception of pain, much like taking a painkiller.
Ok, so I cannot tell a lie, I didn't find this on my own; however, this is something that I very much needed to come upon at "word to your mother". I tend to be one that gets a little too stressed at times and I am always needing a way to cool my jets and this is so great! I love holding hands with my sweetie and if I can lower my stress level by squeezing his flanges more each day, count me in! I don't know about you but when my sweetie and I are holding hands we have a secret squeeze to say "I love you".
So... I wanna know, do you like holding hands, or not? are you "into" that, or not so much? Do you have secret ways to tell your man how much you love him?
October 14, 2008
Stressed out?
Posted by Adam & Leesha Wickern at 5:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Dido. I squeeze Chris' hand 3 times to say I love you...such a simple thing.
Find me a good man, and I'll hold his hand as much as he'll let me!!!! Enough said.
I was going to tell you how to do the signature, but it looks like you figured it out! I love your cooking blog too.
Brad always says on the phone or as he's walking out the door, "Love your stinkin' face!" It's weird, but we both laugh and enjoy that little moment. I've trained Brad that when I'm just stressed, mad, flustered, sad or all of the above to just hold me, listen to me and side with me for the time being. If I'm being irrational, I'll come around eventually, but right now might not be a good time to bring it up! :-) He does incredible with it.
Post a Comment