About a week and a half before the competition my friend Rob (who is also in my ward) asked if I had signed up yet. I laughed off the fact that I hadn't signed up yet, but said I should probably do that. I went in this past Monday and filled out the application right there, even though I had no clue what I was going to make for the challenge. I knew it was going to be Tri Tip again this year, but I couldn't exactly use the same recipe as last year, especially since I didn't win with it.
I went to the store on Tuesday to buy a Tri Tip to start experimenting, but they didn't have any so I bought a few top sirloins. I experimented that night and hoped for the best.
Adam rented a Uhaul trailer to transport our grill and our friend Rob's grill. We headed over to the competition and I was excited to just have a good time. The weather wasn't the best. It was a little chilly, windy and slightly rainy, but I wasn't even paying much attention. The competition started at noon and we had to present our dish by 2:00 p.m. One dish has to be a whole tri tip, uncut and the other dish(es) are the sample dishes for the judges.
(Please ignore the goofy faces...Adam teases me all the time for making this face when I cook)
In this picture, Hannah is helping me with the cilantro for the rice while I plate the sample plates for the judges.
Finished plate for the judges
This little shooter glasses with lime swirls is for the Brazilian Lemonade
Winners were announced...drum roll please...the tall dude with the Bandana, 3rd place. My friend Summer and my friend Rob (not shown in picture) tied for 2nd place, and moi...1st place! That's right, I actually won something! It was so much fun! I really had a good time this year at the competition.
These were the judges...honestly, do they look intimidating to you?!
I will be competing again on July 9th at the Regional competition! Wahoo!



6 comments:
congrats, that is so exciting. Good luck with the next competition.
Looks amazing-I'm sure it was even more delicious!
YAY! That's so exciting! Good luck in July! Maybe you should post the recipe... please?
You totally rock!!!!!
Ya, all those guys look like they know how to eat a good tri tip!
MIKEL I'm talkin' about you.
I'm not at all surprised. You are totally the best ever!
Congratulations, Alisha!!! And GOOD LUCK at Regionals!!
Congrats girl! That is so fun*
Post a Comment