May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Adam told me that I still get to soak up the benefits of Mother's Day since I am having the privilege of carrying a baby for 9 months. How can I argue with that?!? Since I only have (as my clicker on the left indicates) 66 days left until Brennon is born, I am close enough to being a mom I should get to be spoiled too, and that I did. :)
Saturday night we went to eat at Applebee's (the only half-way decent restaurant in Rexburg) and I got their yummy Fiesta-Lime Chicken. Sunday Morning I woke up and Adam told me that my present was under the couch, buuuuut that it technically is not here yet. I was a little confused, but figured he knew what he was doing. He brought it out to me and it was a receipt for this...a long with an 8 gb memory card. YAY!!! I am so excited, I have been wanting a new camera for quite a while. The one that we have is great for underwater picture taking (hense the reason we got it right before our honeymoon to Hawaii) but it is frustrating when you ask someone else to take a picture for you because they don't understand you have to a) hold your hands steady otherwise the picture blurs and 2) you have to hold the button halfway in order for it to focus before you take the picture. So 90% of the time our pictures turn our blurry when other people take a picture for us. He promised me that he would get me a new one before the baby was born cause I plan on taking a lot of pictures. :) I'm so excited, now I just have to learn how to take pictures...ha ha ha. I don't have aspirations to become a great photographer, but I am excited about what this puppy can do!

The rest of that morning we had to hurry and get ready for church because Adam got called into the Bishop's office...dun dun dun...and was extended a new calling. He also had to finish preparing his lesson for Elder's Quorum so his plan to make me breakfast was put on hold. When we got home from church, we were excited for the yummy Mother's Day dinner that was planned. Adam made me Blackberry Waffles and we had a yummy fruit salad.
I love breakfast food, so this was PURFect!!
We had a very relaxing Mother's Day. Church was great too! It is so fun to think that I get to be a mother! I always wondered what it would be like, and now that I am quickly approaching that stage I don't know what to expect. I am just grateful that my Heavenly Father has trusted me to be a mother.

5 comments:

Chelsi Biehl said...

Being a mother, for me atleast, hasn't really hit me. It seems like a really long babysitting job, but I still have the motherly protection and instincts. It is really hard to explain, but you are going to do great and your little guys is going to love you guys so much!

mom2ky said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! You are already a terrific mother!!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Yippee! That is such a good camera, I can't wait to see the pictures on it! And yes, mothers day can be celebrated by pregnant women. They are totally mothers!

Erin said...

You will love your new camera! I got a camera for Christmas and I am still learning all the tricks :) Sounds like you had a perfect {well deserved} day!

Becky Jorgensen said...

that is so sweet of him! I have that same camera.. Marc got it for me for Christmas last year. Its such a great camera but I still really don't know how to use it completely!!