So I wanted to be able to do this actually on his birthday, but since we were in Utah and we were rushed to get out of the house on Saturday I didn't actually get this accomplished when I wanted to, however; Adam still had a good birthday, but I wanted to give a little tribute to my sweetie!
Adam grew up in a Military Family. He traveled all over the world with his parents, 7 brothers and sisters and his favorite dog Rusty (along with many others). He lived in what I think are very exciting places like the Philippines, Germany, Hawaii and several states in the United States.
He got to experience so many different cultures! Just from listening to him and seeing his face light up when he speaks of the various places he has lived, it is no surprise to anyone that meets or knows him that Hawaii was and is his favorite place to be

He graduated High School and Seminary in Hawaii as well as attended BYU-Hawaii.


From what I hear, he was quite the ladies man with his N'SYNC talent show with his brother Josh.

He became a male cheerleader for BYU-Hawaii after one of the male cheerleaders hurt his knee and since Adam was the Mascot they turned to someone that knew how the squad worked. They spent a few weeks training him and was thrown into his first big performance a few weeks later. He developed a love for stunt cheerleading! He would die knowing I put this picture up, but it cracks me up. Some of the girls on the squad wanted to see if he would fit in one of their tops...this is the result!


His true love (besides me of course) is surfing or just the ocean in general. Anything that can be related to the ocean or surfing!
This is Adam surfing in Hawaii and admiring the Ocean

He also loves to climb Coconut Trees.

Adam met a lot of really great lifelong friends out in Hawaii and San Antonio

He eventually left Hawaii to serve a mission in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He met a lot of amazing people in Florida, some of which I have had the privilege to meet.

While serving in Florida his parents were trying to make the decision as to whether to send him back to BYU-Hawaii to finish school because he loved it so much out there or to send him somewhere else. He applied to several schools and after being accepted to a few, he phoned her from Florida and told her he had the feeling he needed to go to BYU-Idaho. She had the papers in her hands to mail his acceptance back to Hawaii but at the last minute decided to mail in the papers for Idaho. After one semester of being in Idaho, he and I met at work. Quite the interesting experience I tell ya! We did not have the most pleasant first encounter and in fact were quite annoyed with each other. If you want the full story, you will have to read one of my first posts way back when. Anyway, he was going to school and also doing Cheerleading for BYU-Idaho.

Shortly after meeting and actually getting to know each other, we started dating.
It was nice getting to know him and his friends before our relationship evolved.
We tried to do as many fun activities as we could in order to see each other in every situation we possibly could. It was a lot of fun!
After spending every single day together for about 4 1/2 months we both started realizing a pattern....we kinda liked each other and wanted to spend more time together. Kinda weird that way! Adam flew me out to Texas to meet his family and the rest was history. I loved being with them, I think they kinda liked me too ;) and Adam and I knew we wanted to make this permanent and Eternal! We discussed out ideas of the future on our way to Enchanted Rock.

We were engaged in June 2006 and married in August 2006

There has not been a day since that he has not made me laugh and smile! He makes me so happy and I could not have asked for a better husband, companion and friend!

Happy Birthday Adam! I love you!! :)
He graduated High School and Seminary in Hawaii as well as attended BYU-Hawaii.
From what I hear, he was quite the ladies man with his N'SYNC talent show with his brother Josh.
He became a male cheerleader for BYU-Hawaii after one of the male cheerleaders hurt his knee and since Adam was the Mascot they turned to someone that knew how the squad worked. They spent a few weeks training him and was thrown into his first big performance a few weeks later. He developed a love for stunt cheerleading! He would die knowing I put this picture up, but it cracks me up. Some of the girls on the squad wanted to see if he would fit in one of their tops...this is the result!
His true love (besides me of course) is surfing or just the ocean in general. Anything that can be related to the ocean or surfing!
This is Adam surfing in Hawaii and admiring the Ocean
He also loves to climb Coconut Trees.
Adam met a lot of really great lifelong friends out in Hawaii and San Antonio
He eventually left Hawaii to serve a mission in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He met a lot of amazing people in Florida, some of which I have had the privilege to meet.
While serving in Florida his parents were trying to make the decision as to whether to send him back to BYU-Hawaii to finish school because he loved it so much out there or to send him somewhere else. He applied to several schools and after being accepted to a few, he phoned her from Florida and told her he had the feeling he needed to go to BYU-Idaho. She had the papers in her hands to mail his acceptance back to Hawaii but at the last minute decided to mail in the papers for Idaho. After one semester of being in Idaho, he and I met at work. Quite the interesting experience I tell ya! We did not have the most pleasant first encounter and in fact were quite annoyed with each other. If you want the full story, you will have to read one of my first posts way back when. Anyway, he was going to school and also doing Cheerleading for BYU-Idaho.
Shortly after meeting and actually getting to know each other, we started dating.
It was nice getting to know him and his friends before our relationship evolved.
After spending every single day together for about 4 1/2 months we both started realizing a pattern....we kinda liked each other and wanted to spend more time together. Kinda weird that way! Adam flew me out to Texas to meet his family and the rest was history. I loved being with them, I think they kinda liked me too ;) and Adam and I knew we wanted to make this permanent and Eternal! We discussed out ideas of the future on our way to Enchanted Rock.

We were engaged in June 2006 and married in August 2006

There has not been a day since that he has not made me laugh and smile! He makes me so happy and I could not have asked for a better husband, companion and friend!
Happy Birthday Adam! I love you!! :)


8 comments:
That was totally wicked! Great job Leesh. That was so fun to learn about all that fun stuff about Adam. Adam, you're awesome. That's what I love about this blogging stuff, you can learn so much about eachother.
Happy Belated Birthday Adam! Wish we were still in Rexburg to celebrate with you! Glad you had a good birthday regardless! :)
Alisha, that was a wonderful tribute to Adam. He is a wonderful person and so are YOU! You are both such wonderful examples to me!
How sweet, I loved it. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the pics of Chris and Adam...they were so little! They are such hams! Happy B-Day to Adam from us.
Sorry I'm so late on this, but Happy Birthday, Adam! Knowing Leesh, you had to be some kind of wonderful to marry my amazing cousin. I'm happy you both got married. So, when are you going to make another trip to Texas?? Any time soon?? BTW, I am impressed, Adam, that you can fit into the cheerleader's uniform. It did look mighty small.
Adam, all grown up. Happy belated birthday my friend.
Happy Birthday Adam!
happy birthday adam! i am happy you found one another! you seem very happy together:)
Post a Comment