June 8, 2008

Tag

So I am a little slow sometimes. I didn't really know that when someone "tags" me that I am supposed to do the same thing. :) My friend Cheloni tagged me a while ago, and I just caught on. I am supposed to name 7 "things" about myself. Not sure what to say, but I will do my best. Here goes...

1) I am married to the man I had always been searching for! I know I know, this isn't really about myself, but that is something about me! I never thought marriage could or would be as fulfilling as it has been.


2) I love to cook!!! It gets a little exhausting at times, but I have so much fun. I love watching the "Food Network" and experimenting with many different recipes. I even collect cook books. Every time we are near any type of book store, I always have to check out the cook books and somehow Adam always ends up talking me into buying another one. He surprised me the other day with another new one that is so much fun to look at. He is a great soux chef too, he likes being in the kitchen with me and even though he gets frustrated because there are some things he doesn't know how to do yet, he always stays patient with me and wants to help me out. He also is the first to volunteer to clean up the dirty dishes. (What a good husband!!!)



This was a bridal shower for my friend Josalyn. I had so much fun preparing the food for her bridal shower! Congratulations Jos!

3) I love to play softball! I began playing softball when I was in the 3rd grade. My parents were very faithful at playing catch and teaching me how to bat. I somehow began playing competition softball with girls my age, and then my best friend Becky introduced me to Boys Little League Baseball. I played shortstop and she played in the outfield. We were the stars on the team, meaning the parents and other teams could not believe there were girls playing in boys baseball. We eventually got older and they told us we had to start playing girls softball. We were mad about that, but once we got into it, it was a lot of fun! We played recreational softball and then I started getting more into competition ASA leagues. I played 3rd base and then began to gain an interest in pitching and catching. I began going to a pitching coach and loved it! Softball has been my love for as long as I can remember!


4) I love puppies! I want so many different kind of puppies, but realistically I only want 2 dogs, so I have to choose the ones I want the most to start with. I have my top 5 favorite kind of dogs and they are: Labs, golden retrievers, weimeriners, vizlas and just cute ones!

5) I served a mission in Mesa Arizona. It was the best experience that I could have ever had at that time in my life. There are many experiences that I am so thankful for. I had amazing companions that became best friends, and I met the most amazing families that I thank my Father in Heaven for. He trusted me enough to be in there homes and loved me enough to work with my weaknesses.

6) I am scared of the ocean. I love the beauty of the ocean and I love sitting by the ocean, but when Adam and I went there on our Honeymoon, I was so scared of being in the water because of Sharks, that I hyperventilated and started to go into a panic attack. I had never tasted ocean water before, so every time it touched my lips it would hit my gag reflex. I could go and sit on the beach all day long, but the minute I have to go get in the water my heart just starts racing. I know...I'm a wuss.

7) Last but not least...I have an amazing family!! I have been blessed with fantastic parents, brothers and phenomenal in-laws! I could not have asked for better family members! I know that I am who I am today because of the love of faithful parents and brothers that were always consistent at antagonizing their baby sister. :) I love the family that I have been blessed with and thank my Father in Heaven for Adam's family as well. I don't think I have enough time or space to share with you how wonderful my families are. All I can say is they are WONDERFUL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun... You know, Alisha, I love cooking and I like to pretend that I'm a culinary artist sometimes and then I look at your website... I have a long ways to go. I'm going to have to get some tips from you. Don't you love how our family engrained baseball into our lives? One of my fondest memories growing up. I loved learning about you!

Bevell Family said...

How lucky we were to have you here while on your mission. I love hearing all about your new family... And yes... you definatley know how to cook good food... Sorry for the meals I made you eat! Hee Hee..
Smiles,
Sean A'lee

Becky Jorgensen said...

hey lady!! Those strawberries look so freaken good!! You can come cook for me anytime K! Ya San Antonio is I think 4 hours maybe 3. WHen are you coming? I would love to see you!!! Let me know alright?!!!! MUahh!!!